Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128190

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 280

Country member wrote: Swandog wrote..."This is great in theory mate but how? In the end without $ we are rooted unless it just turns into an Ammos comp without TV coverage and limited media coverage. The AFL hold all the aces on that front it seems"

I'm not sure how but the structure seems to work in South Australia. They have a SANFL board, who have a say in who makes up the SA Footy Commission Board. They have two AFL reserves teams in their competition, commercial TV coverage, much bigger crowds than WAFL games and a much closer, even competition. Clearly it can be done. I'm sure the SANFL set up also has its issues but it seems to me to be a MUCH better model.

Look at sanfl.com.au/ and compare it to wafl.com.au. It all becomes very clear.

Lots to like about the SANFL model CM, They also still have control over their Development Pathways (16 and 18s) and have been dominant in recent national carnivals and had kids drafted?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128208

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44

Grassy wrote: Yeah,they probably do it better,except for having the Crows and Kochy's Port.

But how have Attendances,Memberships and Sponsorships measured up in the past 2 years?

sanfl.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/...ague-Attendances.pdf

Average 2000-3500 per game each round this season.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dwert

Last edit: by Country member.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128209

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

Country member wrote:

Grassy wrote: Yeah,they probably do it better,except for having the Crows and Kochy's Port.

But how have Attendances,Memberships and Sponsorships measured up in the past 2 years?

Still looks pretty healthy.

www.afc.com.au/news/2013-07-30/commissio...dorses-reserves-plan

Found this article whilst I was doing some reseach. SANFL Commission are lightyears ahead of our peanuts...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Swandog

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128210

• Dwert
  • Banned
  • Banned

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128218

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Greatwhiteshark wrote: I heard Duffield say on the radio this morning that the AFL want the WAFL name for the womens league.

They can have the name but it will cost them $1 billion dollars...and long term financial security for all current WAFL clubs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128225

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH: that is exactly what they should do, but it would take two things on the part of the Commission: brain power and courage. How much does it cost to run the nine clubs each year? That is figure I would ask for on an annual basis. In return, they can use the name and make money from sponsorship and merchandise sales assocaitted with the name.

If they could pull this off, we would actually start to get some of the money back, which we pourred into the AFL in its early years.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128238

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Dwert wrote:

Country member wrote:

Found this article whilst I was doing some reseach. SANFL Commission are lightyears ahead of our peanuts...

Very interesting read mate
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128240

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115

Swandog wrote:

Dwert wrote:

Country member wrote:

Very interesting read mate

Note the part about protecting the integrity of the competition. Why is that so hard for the dockers and eagles and associated elitist fans to comprehend

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128241

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
I might be wrong but I don't believe it is the responsibility of the WAFC to instigate structural changes to the management of the WAFL. I believe it was Brian Burke and Graham Edwards (Premier and Minister for Sport and Recreation respectively) back in the late 80's who basically ordered the disbanding of the entire WAFL board and staff and established instead the WAFC to, among other things, run the WAFL. I believe for the WAFL to be re-established as a separate entity to the WAFC, would also need to be a political decision. I believe the future of the WAFL is in the hands of our state government.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128265

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
By the looks of the AFL there's bigger problems than taking over the running of WA Footy.A 3rd sexual harassment has emerged thismorning.So expect another resignation. We have also seen a thug king hit a player in an Amiture game.
The media call this the biggest scandal since the Essendon saga.We will also see how the sponsors of the AFL, reaction to these scandals.Will the Police get involved.

Last edit: by gtrxuone.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 348 guests and one member online

• westaussieguy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977