Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128103

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Words fail me to describe the contempt I have for the WAFC and in particular the stooge that goes by the name of Gavin Taylor.

thewest.com.au/news/perth/wa-footy-mulls...pdate+12%2F07%2F2017

Tiger Tales had the temerity to ask how the AFL had destroyed the VFA and Tassie footy. read the above article and you see the blueprint on the destruction of the WAFL.

Grant Dorrington should show guts for ONCE IN HIS LIFE and come out and publicly repudiate the suggestion that the WAFL should be rebranded the A(W)F(U)L WA. After the fiasco of Westar Rules.he should know better and that wasn't motivated by the goal of DESTROYING the competition.

I expect all WAFL clubs to speak against this proposal in the strongest possible fashion.

I could continue but I am too angry at the moment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128104

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Swan 42: your right of course. The great irony is that back in the days of the VFL there was a group called the 'afl', I am certain you would remember it. The group was: 'the anti-football league'.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128105

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
My comments sent to Gavin Taylor is given below:

Attn Gavin Taylor

Exactly why do you and the WAFC want to DESTROY the WAFL competition? The proposal to rename the WAFL is a damning indictment on yourself and the WAFC who should be interested in maintaining a competition that is older than the AFL(VFL).

This action and the stripping of the Colts' competition shows exactly the motivation of the WA footy review. It had nothing to do with improving WA footy. Its SOLE purpose was to DESTROY the WAFL, and its history, the WAFL clubs, players, members and supporters.

I invite you to Freo Oval or the other grounds this Saturday and canvas the thoughts of true WAFL supporters concerning this proposal. Rest assured the reception will be particularly hostile.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128106

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

ArkRoyal wrote: Swan 42: your right of course. The great irony is that back in the days of the VFL there was a group called the 'afl', I am certain you would remember it. The group was: 'the anti-football league'.

Yes I do. I think from now I will refer to the AFL as the VPL.

The Victorian Parasite League .

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128107

• Singha
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 115
Well, I predicted this about 15 years ago. Punish the WAFL until it is desperate for a rescue and then rebrand it AFLWA. I just wish I could have been this clever in my work life...
For me, I'm gonna wish hard for a WAFL team (preferably my beloved Subi) to beat the dockers in the GF this year then that's it for me. I know the powers that be are just waiting for the likes of me to disappear and I am. My first memory of WAFL footy is proudly wearing Peter Eakins number on my back so that makes me a fan for about 48 conscious years. I never understood when my mates stopped following. Crap effort guys. Us who used to wear our club colours to school and training. You just stopped? Well, I'm out after this one final hurrah. You win AFL. The game sucks these days anyway to be honest.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128108

• oobisoobi
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 39
From the article it sounds like the WAFC is to change its name and not the WAFL (lets hope)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Big Blue

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128109

• Country member
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 44
I always get confused when discussing the WAFC and the WAFL. In my eyes, the WAFL is just a name given to a competition. The WAFC oversee the development of football and footballers in this state AND organise the WAFL competition. Who cares what the WAFC are called? After 30 years without a WAFL, this may be a perfect time to create a WAFL once again. A group of passionate, dedicated people whose prime purpose is to run a viable, exciting state competition, who, like the organisers of all competitions throughout the state, work with the WAFC to promote the game and the development of players at all levels. The WAFL ceased to be 30 years ago and was taken over by the WAFC. The competition is unlikely to survive until the WAFL is resurrected. The WAFC's primary goal is the AFL, and that is fair enough. It is time the WAFL became its own body once again, being managed by a group of people whose primary goal is the WAFL competition.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128110

• Tiger Tales
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Swan42 don't get the WAFC and the WAFL competition confused. As CM points out the WAFC oversees all footy in WA and the WAFL is one of many competitions/leagues under the WAFCs control.

As with AFL Victoria and AFL Tasmania who oversee the VFL and TSL comps, the most likely outcome is that the WAFC will be rebranded AFL WA and the WAFL comp will remain the WAFL.

Storm in a teacup

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128119

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger Tales wrote: Swan42 don't get the WAFC and the WAFL competition confused. As CM points out the WAFC oversees all footy in WA and the WAFL is one of many competitions/leagues under the WAFCs control.

As with AFL Victoria and AFL Tasmania who oversee the VFL and TSL comps, the most likely outcome is that the WAFC will be rebranded AFL WA and the WAFL comp will remain the WAFL.

Storm in a teacup

What a joke TT. How you can you support the WAFL becoming what the VFA is now? The state game we played this year was against a team that did not have a state uniform and was just basically a rabble. It is patently obvious what yours and CM's agenda is and it has nothing to do with the integrity or viability of the WAFL club.

To paraphrase what D Cometti said was that the VFL kept their history and the WAFL did not. This is just another step along the way to the total demise of the WAFL which has been the agenda of the VPL from day dot.

AFLWA - WHAT A DISGRACE 6 years 9 months ago #128121

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Country member wrote: I always get confused when discussing the WAFC and the WAFL. In my eyes, the WAFL is just a name given to a competition. The WAFC oversee the development of football and footballers in this state AND organise the WAFL competition. Who cares what the WAFC are called? After 30 years without a WAFL, this may be a perfect time to create a WAFL once again. A group of passionate, dedicated people whose prime purpose is to run a viable, exciting state competition, who, like the organisers of all competitions throughout the state, work with the WAFC to promote the game and the development of players at all levels. The WAFL ceased to be 30 years ago and was taken over by the WAFC. The competition is unlikely to survive until the WAFL is resurrected. The WAFC's primary goal is the AFL, and that is fair enough. It is time the WAFL became its own body once again, being managed by a group of people whose primary goal is the WAFL competition.

CM I have no idea what WAFL club you support or even if you support any. If you do support a WAFL club, you have about 6 games to go and watch and most likely another year or two to go and watch them. After that the WAFL will be as dead as the proverbial dodo and who will be blame for its demise? The WAFC and the VPL .

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 248 guests and one member online

• Omah

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977