Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8420

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Yeah they're always a bit smarter the Croweaters when it comes to footy.

I even like their red point posts. No, truly I do. They're different. I wonder why they did that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8422

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DaveRoyal wrote: The unofficial EP page is as strong as ever. I think most EP posters have given up here because anything that is posted is met with abuse under the guise of banter.

There's a very us vs them attitude now in WAFL now obviously and until that feeling dissipates I doubt you'll see too many EP or Peel posting willingly here.

All up though there is not as much enthusiasm about the season ahead as usual - it will be interesting to see how it goes because 2013 won't be too different from last year - 2014 sees the reality really sink in.

I don't know if you mean the EP forum on the official website ? That's dead...been taken over by spammers with no sign of any EP supporters at all.

Is there another?

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8426

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191
I think it sums up a hell of a lot when a club makes a decision THEN tells it's members of whats best , good & viable etc etc .... I agree the EP members may not have had the choice but it also speaks volumes that their own diehards give up the ghost (so to speak)

It is the A/VFL's responsibility to set up & fund a dedicated reserves competition that benefits ALL it's own particular members ... not to allow State by State intrusion on local clubs who provide the stock for the draft & trade market

So poor this decision - wait until next season when the open poaching of surplus EP & PT players begins , wait until all Colts graduates are forced elsewhere , it's just a pile of shizz , no player will get be loyal & longserving because there may not be room in a list for this to happen.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8430

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote: I think it sums up a hell of a lot when a club makes a decision THEN tells it's members of whats best , good & viable etc etc .... I agree the EP members may not have had the choice but it also speaks volumes that their own diehards give up the ghost (so to speak)

It is the A/VFL's responsibility to set up & fund a dedicated reserves competition that benefits ALL it's own particular members ... not to allow State by State intrusion on local clubs who provide the stock for the draft & trade market

So poor this decision - wait until next season when the open poaching of surplus EP & PT players begins , wait until all Colts graduates are forced elsewhere , it's just a pile of shizz , no player will get be loyal & longserving because there may not be room in a list for this to happen.

Agree with all that. Definitely clubs will be keeping a close eye on Peel and EP colts this year.

But what could EP diehards do once they found out the decision was made?

I'm just thankful that it wasn't my club.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8432

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

La Hincha wrote:

Southerner wrote: I think it sums up a hell of a lot when a club makes a decision THEN tells it's members of whats best , good & viable etc etc .... I agree the EP members may not have had the choice but it also speaks volumes that their own diehards give up the ghost (so to speak)

Agree with all that. Definitely clubs will be keeping a close eye on Peel and EP colts this year.

What could the members do ... well I've seen & heard many have done the bolt entirely or will only attend colts matches - remains to be seen.
Yes Guys I do feel for those affected by someone else's decision I won't hide that - at some point these members will have to face being dictated to on everything football by an outsider in effect two clubs in the one skin ,,, and it will be a nightmare at times for loyal players & officials not being able to run their own club in their own right

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8438

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: I have siad it many times before that I love their passion for the WAFL.But they seem to think that it is better to attack the man rather than the ball.
we all do not agree with what has happened .I think that it could have been done better and have said so many times.
I do love my AFL there is no doubt about that but doesn't mean that I have a hate for the WAFL. That is the furtherest thing from the truth.
This argument was going on a long time ago over on the now defunct footygoss.We argued the same things so it is not a new thing. It is a forum for discussion.I think for the most part we are discussing.
I didn't mean to offend any one here by asking the question I have.I thought it would make an interesting discussion for all and sundry here.We all have differing opinions as to what is right and what is wrong.
Because I have a leaning to the AFL doesn't mean I am wrong in my assessment of the situation. Doesn't make me right either by the same token.
I come here to try to have discussions over many thing related to sport.I refuse to be drawn itno the political debates that go on here,but hey ,every one to their own.

Don't see where you're coming from anchor (or was it 'man' :P ). I for one haven't attacked any one (personally) over the issue. I have however, been VERY abrasive to the 4 teams involved and will continue to do so. As for attending the games, I will attend OUR home games against them, but sure as shit won't be putting any $ into their coffers. As I said before, I have refused to renew my membership as part of it goes to the WCE reserves - ain't happening. You know how strong an Eagles supporter I was, but I haven't watched any of their games as yet - will probably change as the real season is upon us. You may say - a futile and pointless view, but hey...that's it. Hope to be arguing over WCE/FFC through the year. ;)
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Last edit: by 58shark.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8440

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

I doubt your mob will poach any royals colts.Your mob are only interested in pinching tigers and sharks players.In fact if you don't watch out your so called great colts who i think won a premiership recently will be moving elsewhere if they can't get a league game because non zone players are given preference.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8442

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

La Hincha wrote:

Grumpy 7 have been moaning about the amount of non zone players that the royals and peel should be allowed.It seeme a few are aiming to break some records with 16&17 non zone players on their list.maybe they might want to take care of their own otherwise they might move elsewhere.As much as i don't like the situation i think the royals have a strategy by not overly recruiting non zone players.They have stated to the supporters they will be looking to colts.Recruiting players from non zone especially from the eastern states is very expensive in relocating these players.We won't know till we see what happens next year but i think it will be more an upheaval for peel.AS to a AFL reserves i have already commented in another thread that one by one the afl sides are getting their own stand alone teams and several others are thinking about it.If they think Collingwood,GEELONG AND ESSENDON have a advantage they will turn the vfl into a defacto AFL reserves.IF that happens then i suspect all AFl clubs will want to go to a AFl reserves comp if they can overcome costs.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8443

• Lucifer
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
At the end of the day the biggest loosers from the alignment will be east Perth and peel and their grass roots supporters. You can have all the trophies in the cabinet but what's the point if there is no one to w
Look at them! I won't be going to their grounds any longer!

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 2 weeks ago #8446

• Southerner
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

chaddy22 wrote:

I doubt your mob will poach any royals colts.Your mob are only interested in pinching tigers and sharks players.In fact if you don't watch out your so called great colts who i think won a premiership recently will be moving elsewhere if they can't get a league game because non zone players are given preference.

The pinching has gone both ways in years past chaddy - it's a part of footy Miller, Malseed & Saunders walked in the door Gillespie was already looking for a new home etc
And the Tigers swooped on Seaby form WP didn't they ???? Foster from EF too & there's others in that squad too
No your right .... clubs will go for ready made League players for sure not so much the colts but who knows
We have had walkouts already - yes but that can happen

Cheers!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 205 guests and 2 members online

• Royals78
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes