Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8396

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193
At first I was boycotting entirely - now I'll be sitting in the SF members and handing over my coin to my club ,,,, and giving these traitors the biggest loudest & rudest applause my lungs can give ,,, and it will never cease

Will I pay to enter their dungheaps ?????? ..... NO , never ever again !!!!

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8397

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm more worried about the East Perth supporter base.

A lot of Royals I know have chucked it in.

Their page here is dead as well apart from Grump.

Where's old Gasman?

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8399

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1193

La Hincha wrote: I'm more worried about the East Perth supporter base.

Where's old Gasman?

Yeah I am interested to hear where Gasman is these days - liked his input to be truthful ... !

Where are you Gasser mate ?????????????? :woohoo:

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8402

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Southerner wrote:

La Hincha wrote: I'm more worried about the East Perth supporter base.

Where's old Gasman?

Yeah I am interested to hear where Gasman is these days - liked his input to be truthful ... !

Where are you Gasser mate ?????????????? :woohoo:

The last post he made on WAFLonline was a farewell to the WAFL. Very sad it was.

A lot of others have said they will do the same.

EP had such a strong supporter base.

I won't be boycotting EP or PT fixtures because it doesn't achieve anything and I follow my club no matter what. I don't like what has happened but it has happened and once the remaining 7 clubs accepted the cash (Too little) it was game over.

I still want the WAFL to do well despite this allignment.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8404

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: A lot of pages here are dead LH,not just East Perth.I guess we will have to wait for the first East Perth game to see what effect the alignment has before we can say that all is lost.

Well, it's not a good sign when you see the East Perth page in single figure topics along with the usual Claremont and Peel. Those three stand out like a sore thumb.

Claremont and Peel we have come to expect but not East Perth.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8406

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Well said LH. I am sure that the people with your passion will continue to attend the WAFL games on a weekly basis.
I will be interested to see what others have to say on the question.It seems the swans posters were very anti them,so I wonder if their dislike will take over to stop them attending their games against the to sides.

But no offence mate but you're as biased the other way as they are in theirs. I don't understand why you can't see their point of view. I can see yours.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8410

• DaveRoyal
  • Thank you received: 0
The unofficial EP page is as strong as ever. I think most EP posters have given up here because anything that is posted is met with abuse under the guise of banter.

There's a very us vs them attitude now in WAFL now obviously and until that feeling dissipates I doubt you'll see too many EP or Peel posting willingly here.

All up though there is not as much enthusiasm about the season ahead as usual - it will be interesting to see how it goes because 2013 won't be too different from last year - 2014 sees the reality really sink in.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8413

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Again well said Dave.I agree with you on both your opening two paragraphs.
Abuse has become common here if you disagree.

Hopefully the fans don't blame the EP supporters. They had no say in the matter.

They found out like we all did - after it was done and dusted.

Like Anchorman said, we'll find out if the East Perth supporters are in favour or not at their first home game.

If opposition supporters don't want to turn up - that's fine too - we're not sheep, we're humans free to make our own choices.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8415

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: Exactly LH. We all have out own options.But let those whose differ to yours,not yours specifically LH, have the right to say say.

For sure mate.

I put myself in the shoes of Gasman and I figured the pain wasn't worth the 1% gain difference it would make to West Coast's premiership chances.

What never get's mentioned is that the bottom sides in the AFL also have reserves sides.

It's not the magic bullet.

Just a question to all WAFL followers here. 11 years 1 month ago #8417

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: it is all still up in the air as to whether it will work out.But the decision has been made and I think the WAFL clubs have to make the most of wehat they see as a bad situation.
I said it before I think it was all about the money.How much the WAFL clubs could get.When the AFL clubs upped the ante they took it and ran.Now only time will tell whether it was or is good or bad.

Yep money always wins. They should have taken a fair bit more before caving in.

I remember back in 1987, I was discussing this with some officials and a media mentor of mine at the time, and the creation of the WCE was largely about supplying WA football with an income large enough to ensure all levels were looked after - particularly the WAFL.

I get a bit annoyed when I read them saying how much they put into WA football. That was after all, their reason for creation.

The public was sold the idea that WA players would stay in the state but of course with a national draft already in place that was pure folly.

They're good at their PR. That's for sure and no wonder with old Stocksy at the wheel.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 699 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog