Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8024

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Freezin wrote: precisely why these guys didn't get drafted LA......lots of talent at the junior level where life is easy, no effort needed. one can get by on pure natural ability....once you move up a level, life aint as comfortable.....sorts out the men from the boys I guess. Never like to see talent wasted, but geez how many players did you play with at the junior level, who could of been anything, but just didn't make it or perhaps didn't want to make it?

Yeah mate for sure. What you're saying is on the money of course.

Don't these kids realise that the AFL clubs are drafting a lot of older players from senior footy in the WAFL and SANFL nowadays. The AFL ambition doesn't have to end if they miss the first draft.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8075

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Perth has more promising young players in the bolter category in Colts and Reserves

Tyler Chrimes played both Scratch Matches in League
Scott Doncon strong long kicking young footballer in Colts from Kellerberrin, after 4 games of colts last year
Brent Edmonds good runner, uses handball well , kicks well on both feet, playing Colts, after 15 games last year
Sam Garstone strong marking player but injured at moment, if he gets fit will have a good year
Kieran Hug last years Colts F & B, good in and under player

Good luck to the Perth teams others to watch Blake Robinson, Brayden Manuel, Clem Smith, Kurtis Chester

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8078

• Demons Forever
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Thanks for that.

Do you think Kieran Hug can graduate to league this year?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8084

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Re: Kieran Hug will be a big step up, but he was given a game of League in the first scratch match. Should also mention the good form if Dean Kent for Melbourne in their 2 Nab Cup games . Great to see

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8086

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217
Kieran Hug won the club's colts F & B by 5 votes from Dean Kent.
I watched him last week and he appeared to me as an Aaron Elari lookalike only a little taller.
Has good skills and can play. Perhaps not yet quite ready to step up immediately but I would expect to see him get his opportunity earlier than later.
Another player who could step up this season is Joel Kalajzic. Had a good year in the colts last season and polled well in the Jack Clarke medal. There are some big wraps on him within the club. Has shown ability in the scratchies so far.

Last edit: by smokey.

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8092

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
howz Kerwin Stuart going at Perth?.....The fella won the WAFL colts F&B in 2011, he is quite small isn't he?.....

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8093

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 217

Freezin wrote: howz Kerwin Stuart going at Perth?.....The fella won the WAFL colts F&B in 2011, he is quite small isn't he?.....

Kerwin played ressies last season and did struggle a bit. He is quite small but is a very skilful player.
IMO his size is a downside and he may find it hard to step up though size never worried the Picketts - father and son.
I hope I am wrong and wish him well.

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8094

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Joel Kalajzic is a good young footballer, good left footed kick. Where has he played in the Scratch Matches against SF and SD

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8096

• Demon Strate
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Freezin wrote: howz Kerwin Stuart going at Perth?.....The fella won the WAFL colts F&B in 2011, he is quite small isn't he?.....

Kerwin averaged 12 disposals a game in Reserves last year. He is talented the Colts season the year before was amazing between 18 and 37 disposals in 19 games

2013 Bolters! 11 years 1 month ago #8105

• premiership hangover
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 131
Boys ill throw up a colt from East Freo

Aliir Aliir. He is an African kid they picked up this year who came to WA to live with his family. I believe he is about 18 so only colts age but I reckon he will play league late in the year.

Spent 2 years on the Brisbane Lions international rookie list, and was poken about this year as a possible draft pick
Save a tree and eat a beaver

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 464 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Frothy
  • Cjayflavel

Newest Footy Recruits

• RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020