Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7078

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
May as well throw my 5 cents worth in... Sorry if it's a bit l o n g winded.

Raffle ticket sales and low membership numbers are not enough to keep a football club afloat. Sponsorships are also difficult to get. Wafl clubs need to keep self- financing themselves through merchandising by selling club products. The merchandising would need to go past the traditional club shirts. Sell club products for all the fan’s needs.Organize the largest range possible of club products for the children, teenagers and the women. Not all people like shirts, and having the largest product range is the best option. If a person does not want or cannot afford a shirt at least they will buy a cup, deck of cards, a pen, a bag or another product. Personalising the product range is another option. For example printing someone’s name or perhaps a photo on their purchased item makes the purchase feel more personal. But a football club brand mainly appeals to the members and fans and not to the general public. But it would be a good way to work on achieving a fan base and grow it as vastly as they possibly could.
If a wafl club had say 10,000 fans that equates to having 10,000 customers and if you offer them a variety of things to buy then you will at least sell something to each and everyone of them.
Get a player or the club as a whole to drive the sales. It will bring in the cash when other sources like raffles, sausage sizzles and the like are struggling.
Promote the merchandise like any other business promotes itself. Make sure it is available in as many locations as possible. Use every touch point with the fans to promote the club products.
At the moment, if I wish to purchase a Wafl club guernsey, the only way is to purchase item from the club. One cannot simply visit the local sports or clothing store to purchase. A better way is to use the platform of major and smaller retailers in the metro and rural areas. The Wafl clubs do have a point of sale within the club office when they play home games. But this is not enough.
Perhaps a Wafl club with help from their Past Players Association could build or have a separate room of football memorabilia about the club and secondly to football. Organize a Past player or players to manage the facility. Everyone would like to chat to a past champion or well-known club identity. Charge visitors a small fee to visit it. If each visitor is charged say $5 and 10,000 fans visit during the season that is 50,000 dollars a year. This money can go a long way in supporting the club.
Creating specific areas for families within the stadium. This would create a safe and quieter area for families to enjoy the game in a more relaxed atmosphere. It keeps them away from rowdy, swearing and anti-social activities that could take place in some parts of the stands. If the whole family were to enjoy a Wafl match, they are more likely to tell their friends and keep coming back.
Give all children who attend gifts upon entering the gates to a Wafl ground.. That will increase the pull in factor. It will increase the awareness of the Wafl into the younger ones. Acknowledge the families and give them opportunities to perhaps have their photograph taken with the Wafl players. Offer families annual Wafl pricing deals they cannot resist.
The Wafl clubs could encourage people to refer and attract their family or friends. Reward those who do with reduced membership costs for 12 months? Or perhaps half price entry for the clubs next home game? That would attract more people in attending Wafl matches. Maybe have two club-family fun days per year? One before the Wafl season and another after the season finishes. Then people and families can meet the players, coach and other club staff. The painting of faces, music or anything that gives children and the family a fun filled day.
On match days, make available food stuffs that can appeal to everybody within easy reach and affordably priced. For example, instead of the boring hotdog, pie and chips, why not serve fresh salads, roasted meats with vegetables, home made soups, freshly made sandwiches, fresh juice drinks etcetera.
People base their decision to return to the football games on more than the football alone. If the Wafl is seen to be an affordable and attractive option, then attendances will rise. Attraction of bringing more people to Wafl matches should not be left to the clubs alone. The WA football commission should be actively engaged in bringing people and families to the Wafl matches. Perhaps they could annually reward Wafl clubs with the best family experience.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7081

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

La Hincha wrote:

Vin wrote: Thats a great photo La H

Cheers mate. He's a good lad. Bowls leg-spin about as good as any kid I've seen at 17. Even has his own cricinfo profile already. www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/414048.html

But yeah, that shops idea is a winner mate. I wonder if any team posters are being made this season.

We need some good quality young leggie's in Australia LH ..has the young bloke got an Australian father, mother, grandparents???? ;)

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7095

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161

58shark wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

Swandog wrote: Some cracking ideas in this thread..perhaps someone like La Hinchi could document them and send them to Dorro or someone, plus club presidents and marketing people. Some of them do read Ozfooty though

Cheers Swandog, you are a true WAFL supporter.

Yeah, the best five ideas as decided by some kind of vote, I'm going to ask 9 posters here, who have some kind of relationship with their club, to email the marketing person responsible.

Let's give it a couple of weeks and see what we come up with.

What I don't understand is, why some "so called" WAFL supporters are saying we are F****d already. Are they internet trolls, AFL pretenders or just people who have had an easy life and don't appreciate a challenge when it presents itself?

Getting an extra 144 people per game! That's all we require this year.

A bit general there LH. I can see where people can lay down and cop it, even though I don't think we should. The fact is, we are not just fighting the eagles and or the dorks. We're fighting the AFL and the WAFC - pretty hard to fight a force like that. Still, we could make this our Long Tan :angry:

What about all the dickheads that said the Host club arrangement would never happen and that the WAFL would stand strong against it and win the day....etc etc ..all out of touch knobs with no idea of the reality of business and how football is now run in 2013.

me I have no intrest in AFL - I dont have a AFL club, I used to follow Richmond a bit in the VFL years ago , but my forst and only passion is SFFC.

I really wish the AFL would puss off, that we could go back to the Glory Days of the WAFL ... like many but guess what we can't. so got to be a realists and see money talks and you can play with yourself as much as you like about dreams of WAFL power but it is just that a dream.

The way I see it is that Im going to enjoy what is left of the WAFL as much as I can in the few years to come, Im not young so I reckon by the time I kick the bucket the WAFL as we know it will no longer exist..there wil be more massive changes to come int he next decade.

So enjoy it while it lasts - Host Clubs are in , The Foundation Day dery is being killed off, wankers pulling the strings have sadly made it harder and harder but get along and have a beer and a laugh anyway.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7115

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Well it looks like S&S has finally awoken from a summer slumber ..tho who are you trying to kid about following Richmond!! :lol:

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7124

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Interesting!

Word is East Perth have been driving one of those billboard trucks around the suburbs in recent days advertising their football club. Not necessarily just in their own zone either.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7148

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

La Hincha wrote: Interesting!

Word is East Perth have been driving one of those billboard trucks around the suburbs in recent days advertising their football club. Not necessarily just in their own zone either.

They have been driving that semi trailer with EP membership details etc around all summer LH ..I think it is an IGA delivery truck by the looks of it ..no doubts paid for courtesy of Nisbett, Peiters et al!!

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7151

• One Eyed Royal
  • Thank you received: 5
That semi trailer has been driving around for a few years now. This is not new.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7156

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

One Eyed Royal wrote: That semi trailer has been driving around for a few years now. This is not new.

If we can try really hard maybe we can get a crowd like this again.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7158

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Beasley Hutton wrote: Well it looks like S&S has finally awoken from a summer slumber ..tho who are you trying to kid about following Richmond!! :lol:

What is S&S ?

Why do you doubt me about Richmond, I loved the mighty Maurice Rioli ( RIP ) who played for them.

5 promotional ideas per club for 5 home matches 11 years 1 month ago #7176

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

One Eyed Royal wrote: That semi trailer has been driving around for a few years now. This is not new.

Well, it's a good idea. But stick to the area east of Mirrabooka eh! :lol:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 512 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes