Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Melt downs. 11 years 2 months ago #4615

• Swandog
  • Swandog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote:

Swandog wrote: Its nothing new really for players to spew up and collapse at training, happened regularly in Souths pre season of 92/93 under Steve Smith that i undertook, i had to piggy back Mark Bayliss up one of the fairways on Freo golf course one night and that was a killer!

Gee's mate no wonder you have back problems ..carrying big boy Bayliss would have been worse than fast bowling for your back!!

Too right mate, i always thought sport was supposed to be good for you! Getting buried into the sand by a vice like tackle from Brad Collard in a scratchie at Murdoch uni playing fields was another fond memory, no wonder i was no good :lol:
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Melt downs. 11 years 2 months ago #4616

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Custodian wrote: I can recall our first preseason session under Alan Joyce in 1971 at Port Peron. By the end most players were crawling to complete the last circuit. He then singled out those who hadn't completed the session to his satisfaction and took them on another set of exercises. Most vomited. Our next few sessions involved running around the Fremantle Golf course. Heart Attack hill was a favourite for him to put us through his exercises. It nearly lived up to its name! It was the toughest preseason I participated in 12 seasons of senior football.

Geez mate sounds like you still have nightmares about it now! Seems like it was a killer pre season
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Melt downs. 11 years 2 months ago #4782

• Success Hill
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 154
I remember Rossy Parker well - wore no. 4 and was a good reader of the ball off the pack. Often see him at Bassendean watching Swans, and he still looks as fit as a fiddle.

Melt downs. 11 years 2 months ago #4785

• ooollllrrrrrry
  • Thank you received: 0

anchorman wrote: Umm so I guess no one knows of Ross Parker.
Oh well.

I remenber him and from memory he went on to be an ultra marthon runner.

Melt downs. 11 years 1 month ago #7264

• CarbineChaos
  • Thank you received: 0
Opened this thread hoping for epic stories of tantrums and flying fists.

I am disappoint.

Melt downs. 11 years 1 month ago #7278

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

CarbineChaos wrote: Opened this thread hoping for epic stories of tantrums and flying fists.

I am disappoint.

Well feel free to add yours then! :)

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 342 guests and 4 members online

• one time only
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL