Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6068

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: With Fremantle moving to Cockburn & Sowfs looking for a new sugar daddy to help pay for the up keep at Fremantle Oval maybe it is a time for Old Easts to move back to their old spiritual home & move into ready made facilities maybe get Notre Dame involved in a multi use for the ground as well, plus their would be a game in the heart of Freo at the concrete jungle almost every weekend during the footy season.
To build a new footy ground with all the infrastructure needed etc probably just isnt feasible in this day & age of the WAFL.

Yeah it probably is the only real option.

There's one thing that I've never understood. Amateur clubs and WACA clubs all have their own home grounds - How are they able to afford it? Are they charged less rent by the councils?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6077

• DaveRoyal
  • Thank you received: 0
IF EF can't do a deal with the council then Freo Oval is the only viable option one would think. The old Dockers building could obviously be utilised but I imagine it doesn't have a suitable club room and members area aka what Souths have - some renovations would still need to take place.

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6100

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

DaveRoyal wrote: IF EF can't do a deal with the council then Freo Oval is the only viable option one would think. The old Dockers building could obviously be utilised but I imagine it doesn't have a suitable club room and members area aka what Souths have - some renovations would still need to take place.

Maybe freeze could kick in plenty of his "hard earned" NZ $$$$ to help get these new club rooms for EF at the concrete jungle off the ground!! B)

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6101

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
all my kiwi money is going in to SDFC superfund mate....massive to debt to pay off, but we will get there in the end hey BH?

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6114

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

DaveRoyal wrote: IF EF can't do a deal with the council then Freo Oval is the only viable option one would think. The old Dockers building could obviously be utilised but I imagine it doesn't have a suitable club room and members area aka what Souths have - some renovations would still need to take place.

yeh dave, first part of the renovations would be a thorough steam clean....gotta get the bulldog bs out of the place. Then we'll hang a few trophies around the place....even the pre 1900's ones :P . We can set up a haemmoroid station for the poor buggers that have to sit in the concrete jungle. Bloody hell, I've got heaps of ideas for when the number 1 Freo team takes over. I even reckon we'll look around for a new ground for the bulldogs...Rushton Oval looks good...the peel dorks probably won't need it :lol:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6157

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Freezin wrote: all my kiwi money is going in to SDFC superfund mate....massive to debt to pay off, but we will get there in the end hey BH?

Hope your doing plenty of O/T over there freeze as we need a shed load of $$$$ :pinch:

Favourite WAFL Grounds 11 years 2 months ago #6162

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
As a spectator the best memories for me were the Perth derbies in the 60's and 70' at Lotons or Leederville,

the Best of the rest
Lathlain,
Fremantle
Subi before the concrete jungle
Basso
Claremont
Moss Street
Joondalup (no need to explain)

Worst Facilities for visiting clubs
JOONDALUP by the length of the SW Highway
Basso (sadly it is the only thing that lets it down)
lathlain
Claremont
Fremantle
Leederville
Moss Street

Bendigo is not in the list, it is the newest but as a vsisting trainer it is still so small

hopefully the new claremont will have better rooms for the visitors!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 292 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977