Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lock out!! 11 years 3 months ago #3968

• MarkOlsen
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
unless the 7 real clubs get what they want they should boycott the games against Peel and East Perth, simple as that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lock out!! 11 years 3 months ago #4008

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Maybe if the 7 WAFL clubs refused to play the 2 AFL reserves sides it will force a resolution. I'm thinking that maybe I'd rather see the end of the WAFL than see it turned into the AFL's toy to do what they want with it. Send the east eagles and peel dorks over to their owners and let them do whatever. They're like a pimple on the bum, we don't want them.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Lock out!! 11 years 3 months ago #4012

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10

58shark wrote: Maybe if the 7 WAFL clubs refused to play the 2 AFL reserves sides it will force a resolution. I'm thinking that maybe I'd rather see the end of the WAFL than see it turned into the AFL's toy to do what they want with it. Send the east eagles and peel dorks over to their owners and let them do whatever. They're like a pimple on the bum, we don't want them.

Agree 58Shark..2013 could be the last of the WAFL. Anyway as we know it.
I have thought about it long and hard and as you say I would rather just give it away than see the AFL/WAFC run our comp.
Still 12 months to see what happens but I suspect the WAFC/AFL have our clubs over a barrel and without DRAMATIC action they will get their way.
It will basically destroy a huge development structure and be felt throughout the state but they dont seem to realise this and are only interested in their own Money grabbing selfishness at any cost.

One poster did say they would just start up their own comp like TAC cup etc but it would be interesting to see who would bother going to these games?

The AFL/WAFC are in self destruct mode and if the WAFL lets it happen it will mean the end of our great Grassroots competition. The WAFC will cease to exist because the 2 AFL clubs will hold their own licenses..

Other winter sports like Soccer and Rugby (watch the NRL get a WA team up and running), basketball etc will be the big winners. I will turn to Amateur Football. EF Amateurs sounds good as it is just walking distance for me and I will still get my Footy and support a struggling comp.

One step at a time though and will see how 2013 pans out.
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy.

Lock out!! 11 years 3 months ago #4249

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Yes. Apparently talks focussed on the 'financial' package. It looks like the ol' money will be doing the talking, as usual. More talks planned on Monday from my understanding.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977