Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3035

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The WAFC has reneged on giving SportFM 91.3 financial support this year
Which means that SportFM 91.3 will not be able to give a weekly broadcast of WAFL game coverage in 2013
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by George.

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3042

• dogman
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
WTF!!!

With all the money they get from wce and freo they can't shell out a few thousand bucks to let a radio station promote their OWN BRAND?? That does piss me off. Now their will be 1 game per week (if nobody else can do it) that won't have any coverage.

They are a SPORTS radio station you f-wits, give some help to em and let them help the WAFL!!
SFFC - WOOF WOOF

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3044

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
The beginning of the end!!!! Pathetic but then again the WAFL promotion of our game has always been Pathetic. Cant blame 91.3 as they are a Community station and Colin has his costs. The Cost to the WAFC/WAFL would be fair and minimul to say the least compared to commercial stations and TV rights.

George sent me the letter from Colin Minson (who is a nice guy). Will reproduce here as nothing confidential about it.
Lets hope Hopey and Pikey will still have the WAFL WORLD on Thursday nights and a couple of advertisers come on board.

Makes me wonder if 990 and Radio Fremantle will be broadcasting games..
SO THERE GOES THE RADIO COVERAGE... :( Next on the list will be the ABC?
We also had 990 doing the Sandover live as well will this happen

A email I just got back from Colin Minson to George Copley - Swansmen

Dear George,
Thank you for your email regarding a live broadcast for the Swansmen in March 2013. Unfortunately we are fully booked up for the month of March, with our other sporting committments, and at this point in time, I am not sure whether we will be covering WAFL Football, as the WAFC has reneged on giving us financial support.
I have in fact written to the nine WAFL Clubs, offering them a half hour show each week for their clubs, at a cost of $1,500. As of todays date, I have not heard from them.
If anything changes, I will be in contact with you, but it will not be until the middle of April. All the best for the coming season.

Kind regards
Colin Minson
Chairman SportFM 91.3

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
Attachments:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3053

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
As far as I know, 990 AM are still broadcasting matches. Haven't heard anything to the contrary. ABC radio broadcasts of the wafl have become a dead loss and they are bloody useless. ABC television is getting out of it, but not sure when?
In the not too distant future, everyone will be saying, wafl? what wafl? what's that? :( :angry:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3054

• TheRock
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 36
The WAFC surely is there to help and promote the WAFL. What they are doing is a complete disgrace!!!

What was their reasoning FFS?

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3055

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

TheRock wrote: The WAFC surely is there to help and promote the WAFL

Obviously not anymore! :( :( :( :( :angry: :angry:

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3066

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
At the start of this host club/AFL reserves teams farce did Nisbett & Rosich not promise that they would bring more interest, media to the WAFL if they got it over the line?? :oops:
So after all of that hullaballoo from those 2 spin doctors the reality is we now have 1 less radio station covering the WAFL for this up coming season! :angry:

R.I.P WAFL 1885-2012 (*1999-2002 the competition was in a coma)

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3084

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That there is the problem BH. Officialdom and all the supposedly respected people can prance around saying anything whilst implementing an alignment. The reality is nowhere near the official version. What's supposed to happen and what actually happens are two completely different identities. Most of the populus are suckered in, become attracted to all the hype because they are blinded.
Meanwhile, our beloved wafl has deteriorated to the point of no return, unless this decision is somehow reversed. When the general public eventually wake up, it will be far too late.... (I'd use a crying boardcode, but could not find one)

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3093

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Beasley Hutton wrote: At the start of this host club/AFL reserves teams farce did Nisbett & Rosich not promise that they would bring more interest, media to the WAFL if they got it over the line?? :oops:
So after all of that hullaballoo from those 2 spin doctors the reality is we now have 1 less radio station covering the WAFL for this up coming season! :angry:

R.I.P WAFL 1885-2012 (*1999-2002 the competition was in a coma)

Someone might have to get on to 6PR and get Langdon and his co clowns to prove they support the WAFL and do a game each week instead of cherrypicking a GF every 2 years, even if its us 3 quarters...i did read somewhere that 6IX (Owned by the same co that owns PR)Were thinking of doing WAFL this season, have you or anyone else heard this?
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

WAFC seem to be making it hard to promote the WAFL 11 years 3 months ago #3095

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
6PR/6IX would only do East Perth games

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 452 guests and 3 members online

• one time only
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977