Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Which clubs wanted to be a part of the alignment? 11 years 4 months ago #1941

• BC
  • BC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
Now that the dust has started to settle and I'm hating the alignment even more, I'd be interested to know which clubs actually expressed an interest in being aligned with an AFL club. Winger on another thread stated WP were approached but knocked it back but I'd like to know who entertained signing up. If it was Subi I'd be that disappointed I'd never support them again but I would want hard and fast evidence and not just hearsay. Does anyone have any rock solid information on who else besides EP and Peel were actively for it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Which clubs wanted to be a part of the alignment? 11 years 4 months ago #1943

• Talking Footy
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
I reckon Swans were all for it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which clubs wanted to be a part of the alignment? 11 years 4 months ago #1947

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391
From what I've heard around the traps it was a case of EP and PT breaking ranks from the other WAFL clubs who were - to that point at least - united in their opposition to an alignment and jumping into bed with WC and Freo respectively.

I'd suggest the reaction of the other 7 clubs to the alignment announcement lends weight to this view of how the alignment evolved.

Perth Club President Vince Pendal said at our recent AGM that Perth were never approached, never approached either AFL club nor wanted to be an alignment club. He did say however that Perth had been in discussion previously with West Coast and the Vic Park Council about refurbishment to Lathlain Park with a view that West Coast would use Lathlain as a training base. That went cold apparently when the Vic Park Council baulked at the cost sharing and the club's preferred scope of works.

Which clubs wanted to be a part of the alignment? 11 years 4 months ago #1967

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
It seems someone is telling lies...One of the reasons they claim these 2 clubs got the alignment was because of their Financial situations? Now if WP were offered the option before say EP and declined how can this be true? We were managing ok if only just.
Now SF have had 2 years of big losses e.g 90k + last year and I think I read Over 100k this year?

The other point is why didnt Perth get an alignment as they have been struggling on the field whereas EP have done well in the last couple of years?
Did Perth get the offer? Did they knock it back?

Peel were already into the WAFL for $400,000 and EP were in the financial situation due to mismanagement of their financial affairs and trying to buy a premiership. The main stakeholder Bronte Howson carried them for years and now they are to be carried by the Eagles players reducing their costs.

So many questions....THE PLOT THICKENS
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Which clubs wanted to be a part of the alignment? 11 years 4 months ago #1971

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Dont forget this guys. I am going to try and make it.

Posted by George

The Next Save The WAFL Committee meeting

6pm tomorrow (Tuesday) at Dome in South Perth (Mends Street)
Look forward to meeting and discussing Save the WAFL,Evey one is welcome.

With the briefing of the meeting held with Mr Matin Whitely State member for Bassendaen

Interactive map...Dome marked with an A...Take Millpoint road exit off FWY
www.domecoffees.com.au/find-a-cafe-wa-south-perth.html

Committee

Pat Holywell
George Copley
Drew Nugent,
Mark Nichols
Simon Collins

We are still looking for any members or supporters from South Fremantle,
Subiaco and Claremont
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Last edit: by Cardy. Reason: map
  • Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 304 guests and one member online

• alahoy

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL