Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 5 months ago #992

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
A Committee is forming to Save the WAFL
A once a month meeting will take place that is central to all
The committee will be formed of Members, Supporters, Past Players, Officials and Volunteers of the WAFL.
We are looking for people who are passionate WAFL supporters, and who can spare a small amount of time.

Objective
To voice our concerns of the WAFL Alignment
Raise money for campaigns
Public awareness
Work hand and hand with the 7 non-aligned Club, State and Federal Ministers

For more information please call

Pat Holywell 0401407357
George Copley 0478572654

www.savethewafl.com/
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by George.

Save the WAFL 11 years 5 months ago #998

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Lot of talk during the one day Game in the cricket today.
Minnow has promised it will be taken up by 91.3 starting Monday during Sports breakfast. Hopey and Jack will be hosts on the show while Clarky is away.
From 6-9 Monday to Friday.
Should be worth a listen and some input. They will be doing interviews from both sides of the Fence.

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
Attachments:

Save the WAFL 11 years 5 months ago #999

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Passionate WAFL supporters
We will post all news, meeting minutes and events on this page

It’s NO Good just talking about
It’s NO Good thinking I can’t do anything
It’s NO Good saying, I’ll let someone do it for me

We will not be told
We will not give in
We will not die

Together we are strong
Together we will fight
Together we will win
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Save the WAFL 11 years 4 months ago #1038

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Save the WAFL Facebook page

www.facebook.com/savethewafl
George Copley
Attachments:

Save the WAFL 11 years 4 months ago #1359

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Save the WAFL Committee Update

A letter today by Hon Terry Wadron Minister for sport Recreation, Racing and Gaming ( the letter is Attached) No joy there

Still to come

Mr Matin Whitely ( We have a meeting with him on the 18/12/2012)

Mr Ken Wayatt (Ken as started the investigation) No 1 ticket holder of Swan Districts FC

We will keep trying to stop the Alignment from happening in 2014
George Copley
Attachments:

Last edit: by George.

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 4 months ago #1373

• Winger
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 135
Interesting artical in this mornings paper. RE not playing scratch matches against Peel & The Reagles, also not attending Sandover Medal night. Last Thursday nights meeting did not go all that well.

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 4 months ago #1374

• Grump
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381
and u think the players would follow through on some of that, joke!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 4 months ago #1375

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
WAFL medal snub threat

Mark Duffield,
The West Australian
December 8, 2012, 10:13 am

The seven non-aligned WAFL clubs may boycott the Sandover Medal count, Hall of Fame dinner and pre-season practice matches against aligned clubs Peel and East Perth after talks with the WA Football Commission over list conditions broke down on Thursday night.

_The Weekend West _ understands the clubs, which have dubbed themselves the G7, have sought legal advice on what protest action they can take without breaching their WAFL licence conditions.

The clubs continue to press for greater financial compensation than the $100,000 extra they have been granted by the WAFC, and they want strict list conditions imposed on Peel and East Perth to weaken their playing strength when the club-alignment model kicks in for the 2014 WAFL season.

The WAFC has told the seven unaligned clubs it is likely East Perth and Peel will have access to up to six out-of-zone recruits. The final number is to be set after further research on how out-of-zone recruits and AFL-listed players influenced WAFL results this year.

The G7 clubs want the number cut. The WAFC revealed its proposed model in October, with Peel to be aligned to Fremantle and East Perth with West Coast.

WAFL council of presidents chairman Haydn Raitt said yesterday it was too early to speak of boycotts but confirmed the G7 clubs had voted to contact lawyer and long-time WAFC antagonist Marcus Ahern to discuss how far they could push protest measures without breaching their licences.

"It didn't go well at all," Raitt said of Thursday night's meeting.

"We made almost no ground.

"What we are doing is sending a letter to the commission on Monday. It is being done up today saying how disappointed we are with their outcome and how we don't accept their findings and that we will take this matter further.

"It means solicitors. We have spoken to Marcus Ahern. It possibly means sanctions. We are going to take it all the way because we just think it is so wrong, not so much that they have gone ahead and done it, but they just haven't taken their district model into account."

WAFC chairman Frank Cooper said the commission had taken some of the clubs' concerns on board, but pointed out that East Perth and Peel also had concerns that their lists were not stripped to the point they were made less competitive.
Asked about the possibility of boycotts of events such as the Sandover, Hall of Fame and practice matches, Cooper said: "They haven't said that to us yet. I would hope we don't get to the point where they want to do that sort of thing."
George Copley

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 4 months ago #1376

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Thanks for that Post... Good to see the G7 clubs are doing something positive to at least show they are putting up a fight.
It is only the beginning I feel and 2014 could be an interesting year.
It would of been in then if the WAFC had its way but they didnt have time to REWRITE THE RULE BOOK in the short period. I suspect they are still in the dark as to how they are going to move the rules and constitution around to include the two AFL ALIGNED CLUBS! I think it is time for action as Raitt said after the meeting on Thursday the WAFC are not going to bend unless they are put into a untenable position.

UNQUOTE

Well what can you say and it certainly shows the attitude of the Sycophants at the WAFC...

I am a bit worried about boycotting the Sandover medal count and the Hall of fame and cant really see what it will achieve. Eric Sandover would be rolling in his grave now.. Hall of fame are true WAFL players

In fairness the G7 or 7 WAFL clubs havent got much to play with in negotiations and in the end will have to go to extreme measures.

Not playing in pre season games will cost the Clubs money in fines. Money they can ill afford.

At least they are looking at different options now. As the WAFL are actually under the WAFC and they hold the licences of the clubs I cannot see why the WAFC could not go to the ACCC or a similar organisation?
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Save the WAFL Committee 11 years 4 months ago #1379

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Cardy wrote: Thanks for that Post... Good to see the G7 clubs are doing something positive to at least show they are putting up a fight.
It is only the beginning I feel and 2014 could be an interesting year.
It would of been in then if the WAFC had its way but they didnt have time to REWRITE THE RULE BOOK in the short period. I suspect they are still in the dark as to how they are going to move the rules and constitution around to include the two AFL ALIGNED CLUBS! I think it is time for action as Raitt said after the meeting on Thursday the WAFC are not going to bend unless they are put into a untenable position.

UNQUOTE

Well what can you say and it certainly shows the attitude of the Sycophants at the WAFC...

I am a bit worried about boycotting the Sandover medal count and the Hall of fame and cant really see what it will achieve. Eric Sandover would be rolling in his grave now.. Hall of fame are true WAFL players

In fairness the G7 or 7 WAFL clubs havent got much to play with in negotiations and in the end will have to go to extreme measures.

Not playing in pre season games will cost the Clubs money in fines. Money they can ill afford.

At least they are looking at different options now. As the WAFL are actually under the WAFC and they hold the licences of the clubs I cannot see why the WAFC could not go to the ACCC or a similar organisation?

You're probably right about clubs not being able to afford boycotting games Cardy, but with all due respect to Mr Sandover what else can we do? I'm sure he would be quite concerned should a player from the Eagles or Dorks win his WAFL medal. I'm sure there are quite a few subtle actions WAFL teams could take over the next year or so.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 188 guests and 4 members online

• Bazza
  • Dirty Weekender
  • Omah
  • Warwick Greenwood Bulls

Newest Footy Recruits

• Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp