Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20260

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Whilst Swans have Guildford Grammar in our metro area a significant number of their students come from outside our metro area. This is not the case for Claremont where a significant majority of the PSA's school students in their zone would be residentially aligned to Claremont.

I suspect a similar situation to Guildford and Swans applies to Perth and Trinity and Aquinas.

Given the alignment next year, the advantages some of the 7 legitimate WAFL clubs have, such as Claremont, will be greater over the rest of the 'G7' clubs.

Certainly, Swans' colts' results recently is as a result of Swans' deliberate decision to promote their better colts' players into the ressies in anticipation of them being required to play league next year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20276

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332
This plus the alignment really makes a mockery of the points rule that was introduced to stop the dominance of the wealthier clubs Subi, SF & Swans(back then).
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20281

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

DG wrote: This plus the alignment really makes a mockery of the points rule that was introduced to stop the dominance of the wealthier clubs Subi, SF & Swans(back then).

Yeah it's a difficult situation. I doubt Claremont would survive without their draft picks and the money that flows through because of it. They have very few supporters as you know. I think the WAFC takes that into account when formulating the zones. Not 100% sure though.

But mate, Subi are fighting as hard as they can. Second spot in the colts with the second smallest zone.

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20284

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Yep Claremont are going to struggle big time from here on in as will EF the host club deal means a huge change for them.

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20285

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Actually upon checking Subiaco, East Perth and West Perth have the equal smallest numbers at 14's-17's level with 24 teams each.

Why are Claremont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20286

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

La Hincha wrote: Makes me wonder? Does Claremont have a boarding program for their talented country footballers in conjunction with Hale?

It seems that an awful high percentage of the best country boarders at Hale are originally from the Claremont country zone.

yeah I think they do, they also have some deal with Christ Church I think, John Dimmer is head of Football at Christ Church.

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20288

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
Subi may have a small zone but they have the biggest junior club in Australia - Sorrento/Duncraig and also other established junior areas like Kingsley, Karrinyup, Warwick and Carine..hardly struggling areas..

Why are Claremont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20289

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Makes me wonder? Does Claremont have a boarding program for their talented country footballers in conjunction with Hale?

It seems that an awful high percentage of the best country boarders at Hale are originally from the Claremont country zone.

yeah I think they do, they also have some deal with Christ Church I think, John Dimmer is head of Football at Christ Church.

It is extremely odd.

I can fully understand all these kids that live in City Beach, Floreat, Wembley Downs etc going to Hale but kids from Gnowangerup, Ravensthorpe, Halls Creek?...that's umm....extremely lucky for Claremont.

Strangely enough, a Subi lad from Mines in Kalgoorlie was captain of Hale last year. We don't have many PSA kids but we had the capitano. :lol:

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20290

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

MarkOlsen wrote: Subi may have a small zone but they have the biggest junior club in Australia - Sorrento/Duncraig and also other established junior areas like Kingsley, Karrinyup, Warwick and Carine..hardly struggling areas..

The playing numbers speak for themselves. Sorrento-Duncraig is not the biggest junior club in Australia. They are based in Victoria from what I'm told. But yes, it is our ONE genuinely strong junior club.

Karrinyup hardly fields sides.

Subiaco, East Perth and West Perth have 24 teams each in the 14's to 17';s age bracket. As I said, the lowest in the WAFL.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

Why are Clermont such a strong team 10 years 9 months ago #20291

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I actually have the latest figures right here in front of me by the way.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 457 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020