Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20258

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Time For a Flag wrote: What about the ground designs and getting people closer to the action.

It's happening mate.

Peel's new facility is good in that regard, as is Joondalup and the designs for Claremont are too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20262

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

La Hincha wrote:

Time For a Flag wrote: What about the ground designs and getting people closer to the action.

It's happening mate.

Peel's new facility is good in that regard, as is Joondalup and the designs for Claremont are too.

And don't forget mate, at some grounds the place to be on a sunny day is in the outer with the diehards. Particularly at Bassendean. Can bar firing. Best seat in the house out there.

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20297

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

jardine wrote: as LaHincha said ground sharing is not without its problems. i think clubs can still work around these things as Subi & Ep do.
i would have thought once Dockers vacate to Cockburn, it would seem logical for the arch enemy east freo to move into those state of the art facilities at fremantle oval.
i dont think it would be that bad? rivalries & hatred aside.

for the record i dont mind fremantle oval. while souths are struggling the perception about the ground can be a misguided one. it may not be the most comfortbale venue, but on a good day it has a tremendous feel about the place. the most historical ground in australia. dont mess with it too much.

who is too say in a few years if both south & east are back up the top, a long weekend crowd of 15,000 is not unlikely. /

I agree, woth the dockers moving out soon, that presents the most obvious oppuortunity for a move by EF, EF oval is a maintenance liability and the local council are keen to redevolpe it.

Both clubs shared up till the 50's and that was when thousands poured through the gates each week in fremantle, i really see no reason why when were getting 1800 to games now why they cant do it. I would love to think SF could get bar turnover every week from visiting fans as Subi and EP get at leederville.

South already use Hilton Oval for some training , so i dint see any big deal with some over flow there.

Would love to see Rockingham etc back with their traditional club SF.

the comparison with the Ams clubs isnt a fair one, most of those ovals have very basic infrastructure, most are just change rooms with a hall all of which are owned and operated by Local Government, WAFL clubhouses and building are huge in comparison are basically dinosaurs built for 10,000 people each home game, and the clubs have the burden of owning, maintaining and operating them.

a better comparison is to look at what the perhaps the VFA now VFL or SANFL does...even the AFL has unloaded most of its older dated venues in Melbourne.

as far as fremantle oval goes, your right by far the host historic ground in WA , and has an amazing amphitheater feel and atmosphere when the crowds are big, theres was no problem getting close to the action when they had the benches right on the boundry fence, unfortuntley they removed them during the dockers redevelopment.

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20306

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
None of the VFL or SANFL clubs ground share mate. They all have their own home ground. West Torrens old ground Thebarton was ditched in favour of Woodville Oval when the two team almalgamated. That's the only change.

I agree with you that EF and SF could ground share but under no circumstances should P and SD. That would be a disaster for their development programs.

There's only one way to be successful now with the points system.

That's identifying juniors, keeping them in the system all the way to league and then have a percentage of those get drafted for the cash flow. If that is compromised in any way, it will be the end for a WAFL club and eventually the end for zoning and thus the end for the sustainability of the WAFL. Trust me, if that happens and the WAFC rezones the metro area into 10 TAC Cup style districts with a revamped 18's comp, the WAFL is done.

For as long as each of the nine clubs have a base within easy access of their zone, a program that makes it easy for players to get to dev squad/colts training and a method of keeping players in the system for as long as possible, the WAFC and the AFL will stay off our backs.

Last edit: by La Hincha.

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20309

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Interesting re SANFL and VFL, but don't forget they have Pokies!

I really don't know enough about the SD and P culture and areas to comment about a move out there.

Once the WCE move to Lathlain, whats the go there?? will EP move in as well?

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20310

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote: Interesting re SANFL and VFL, but don't forget they have Pokies!

I really don't know enough about the SD and P culture and areas to comment about a move out there.

Once the WCE move to Lathlain, whats the go there?? will EP move in as well?

Yeah the SANFL has pokies which helps no end.

Mate, who knows what's going to happen with that Lathlain situation. They seem to plan on the run. Which is no plan at all.

Will they even let us play WAFL grand finals at the Burswood stadium?

South Fremantle Oval 10 years 9 months ago #20314

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Yep seems to be on the run for sure, but as usual there will be stuff going on behind the scenes we dont know about.

Re Burswood, I reckon they may do , but lets be honest I dont think it will ever really suit WAFL games a crowd of 15 - 20 000 will loke terrible in a big place like that, far better to properly develope Leederville as a boutique ground for 20,000 people to play finals.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 313 guests and 2 members online

• TheRock

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest