Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18814

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15

La Hincha wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Obviously some teams are far more undisciplined than others - even when the personnel changes from year to year :S Truly bizarre figures

Colts Frees 2012
West Perth +57
East Fremantle +38
Claremont +36
South Fremantle +32

Peel +7
Swan Districts +0
East Perth -5
Subiaco -19
Perth -65

Colts Frees 2013
East Perth +60
Claremont +9
South Fremantle +9
West Perth +5
East Fremantle +3
Perth -16
Subiaco -20
Swan Districts -34

I find these free kick stats very interesting LH & I did up a similar table on footygoss last year for the League! Any chance of compiling one for the League this year?

Yeah, I'll try to get around to it mate. Takes hours adding the pluses and minus for a year.

The one thing I do know is when I watch league, I rarely complain or feel bitter about umpiring. It's not great but it's ok.

At colts level even when I watch a game as a neutral I could tear my hair out.

In the colts game between S and SD last week at half time the tally was 9 to 2 in favour of SD even though S were dominating the game. I don't know what was said at half time but by the end of the game it was 12 all.

I can tell you exactly what was said..... Nothing. That right there proves that it always evens out in the end

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sacko. Reason: Spelling

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18815

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

La Hincha wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

La Hincha wrote: Obviously some teams are far more undisciplined than others - even when the personnel changes from year to year :S Truly bizarre figures

Colts Frees 2012
West Perth +57
East Fremantle +38
Claremont +36
South Fremantle +32

Peel +7
Swan Districts +0
East Perth -5
Subiaco -19
Perth -65

Colts Frees 2013
East Perth +60
Claremont +9
South Fremantle +9
West Perth +5
East Fremantle +3
Perth -16
Subiaco -20
Swan Districts -34

I find these free kick stats very interesting LH & I did up a similar table on footygoss last year for the League! Any chance of compiling one for the League this year?

Yeah, I'll try to get around to it mate. Takes hours adding the pluses and minus for a year.

The one thing I do know is when I watch league, I rarely complain or feel bitter about umpiring. It's not great but it's ok.

At colts level even when I watch a game as a neutral I could tear my hair out.

In the colts game between S and SD last week at half time the tally was 9 to 2 in favour of SD even though S were dominating the game. I don't know what was said at half time but by the end of the game it was 12 all.

Cheers mate ..as someone who watches a lot of footy & has had the odd whinge about the umps occasionally ;) I also find the umpiring at Colts & in the Teal Cup sometimes confusing but I have to remind myself that they are usually learning the ropes of umpiring at that level unlike those who are officiating at League level & should be on top of their trade!

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18816

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

58shark wrote:

Sacko wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Colts Frees 2012
West Perth +57
East Fremantle +38
Claremont +36
South Fremantle +32

Peel +7
Swan Districts +0
East Perth -5
Subiaco -19
Perth -65

Colts Frees 2013
East Perth +60
Claremont +9
South Fremantle +9
West Perth +5
East Fremantle +3
Perth -16
Subiaco -20
Swan Districts -34

LaH I am not sure what you are intimating. You don't seriously think that all the teams should have a nett balance of zero.

Nope, not a net balance of zero. But I find it hard to believe that last year Perth were "that" much more undisciplined than all others and this year East Perth are so much more disciplined than the rest. Not from all the matches I've seen anyway.

Complete load of rubbish. If an umpire sees a free he pays it. If he doesn't he calls play on. It does my head in that still so many people complain they get a tough run with umps and the count should be even. Sorry LH but this is a rubbish thread

Well said sacko, this rubbish about favouring teams is crap and should be left to the dreamers of the footy world. An ump at this level simply cannot afford the luxury of favourtism if he wants to keep his job.

I haven't made any "claim" of "favouring". Although I did use the word "bizarre" which clearly they are.

I've simply presented the facts as they stand directly from the WAFL website.

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18818

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Always evens out in the end?

Clearly these stats prove otherwise.

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18819

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

La Hincha wrote: Always evens out in the end?

Clearly these stats prove otherwise.

I don't mean to sound like I'm having a crack at you. I guess some people might find these stats interesting. I myself find them completely boring. They do even out. My club being the perfect example. We had a few things go our way which helped get us over the line early on then a few decisions possibly cost us a game or 2. No biggy because it evens out. Just my opinion

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18820

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Don't worry, I don't think you are having a go at me.

I was well aware once I added up all the numbers and that they were so skewed that it would cause some variances of opinion.

I'm not completely sure what I make of the figures myself but I feel a bit sorry for Perth last year. I just can't imagine a top 4 side would be that undisciplined but who knows....

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18822

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I do also think that the AFL rules committee have made the game difficult to play and almost impossible to umpire.

For example, when I was a kid, first to the ball was non-negotiable.

But now I'm seeing players wait until their opponent gets the ball. Then they tackle that opponent to exploit the holding-the-ball interpretation.

The sliding rule is another one which encourages a player not to get to the ball first.

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18824

• Sacko
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

La Hincha wrote: I do also think that the AFL rules committee have made the game difficult to play and almost impossible to umpire.

But now I'm seeing players wait until their opponent gets the ball. Then they tackle that opponent to exploit the holding-the-ball interpretation.

The sliding rule is another one which encourages a player not to get to the ball first.

Agree with that. I used to umpire Sunday League about 10-12 years ago and was tough then. You couldn't pay me to do it now. Deadset impossible task

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18828

• La Hincha
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Sacko wrote:

La Hincha wrote: I do also think that the AFL rules committee have made the game difficult to play and almost impossible to umpire.

Agree with that. I used to umpire Sunday League about 10-12 years ago and was tough then. You couldn't pay me to do it now. Deadset impossible task

Yeah the bloody rules committee. I don't even know why we need a committee.

Disturbing stuff in the colts 10 years 10 months ago #18842

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

La Hincha wrote:

58shark wrote:

Sacko wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Colts Frees 2012
West Perth +57
East Fremantle +38
Claremont +36
South Fremantle +32

Peel +7
Swan Districts +0
East Perth -5
Subiaco -19
Perth -65

Colts Frees 2013
East Perth +60
Claremont +9
South Fremantle +9
West Perth +5
East Fremantle +3
Perth -16
Subiaco -20
Swan Districts -34

LaH I am not sure what you are intimating. You don't seriously think that all the teams should have a nett balance of zero.

Nope, not a net balance of zero. But I find it hard to believe that last year Perth were "that" much more undisciplined than all others and this year East Perth are so much more disciplined than the rest. Not from all the matches I've seen anyway.

Complete load of rubbish. If an umpire sees a free he pays it. If he doesn't he calls play on. It does my head in that still so many people complain they get a tough run with umps and the count should be even. Sorry LH but this is a rubbish thread

Well said sacko, this rubbish about favouring teams is crap and should be left to the dreamers of the footy world. An ump at this level simply cannot afford the luxury of favourtism if he wants to keep his job.

I haven't made any "claim" of "favouring". Although I did use the word "bizarre" which clearly they are.

I've simply presented the facts as they stand directly from the WAFL website.

Definitely not having a shot at you LH...you're simply presenting the figures. I just find it amusing that people here whinge because they honestly think the umps hate their team.....usually after a loss!! Sorry if I insulted you.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 272 guests and 2 members online

• Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977