Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17846

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
So for instance if your son had played 150 games of league WAFL then had to make way for an 18 year old draftee who might not even be any good you'd be ok with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17848

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
any update yet Anchorman on the rules regarding clearances for East Perth and Peel players ?

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17852

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
it hasnt been clarified as yet, just thought i would update you before you read it in the Cockburn Times

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17854

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
well one thing is for sure, you had no idea

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17857

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
how can we be wasting our time if we are providing you with information that you were not aware of ?

we are helping you out with your posts as you dont seem to know a lot about the alignment.

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17902

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
Fair dinkum anchor have you got any idea about the WAFL at all? :blush: :blush: :blush:

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17943

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote:

terror wrote: What if he doesnt want to leave because he has a family & may live in Mandurah but has to go elsewhere because some drafted 18 year old has to play league for Peel..

Terror kids from all over Australia are moved from their families every year at the beginning of the football year.Maybe they don't want to leave their home either.And they are 17 or 18 year olds.
Senior AFL players get moved from state to state at the whim of football team.It is not only the WAFL where this happens.
If he is any good he will be picked up by another WAFL club and strengthen that club.Wont he!!!

A/man an hypothetical situation: if you had a son and he was drafted to Essendon, say 2 or 3 years ago, would you be happy for your son to be involved with what is alleged to have happened in recent years at Essendon?

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17944

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: See there you go again,damn I worry about how you can read my mind and what I know and don't know.When did we meet MO!!!
You Swans guys are so clever that you know what people know and don't know.You are wasting your time here.You and a few others.

A/man I don't presume to know everything especially what other people know or don't know or think. That is why I asked about Dorrington's achievements.

Getting back to the subject, with the alignment where does that place father and son allocations. It is my understanding that if a player played 50 games for his WAFL club then any son was then eligible to play for the same WAFL club irrespective of his geographical location. I suspect that was extended to cater for players drafted into the AFL competition. Will that be changed now that there are two clubs aligned to the WA domiciled AFL teams?

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #17994

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Cardy wrote: Interesting and he wont go back to EP as the situation will be the same!

So with Peel up to 2005 and got their FB award
Then to EP until 2011 and then back to Peel...2012 Age around 28?
Why did he leave EP and go back to Peel?

So where to from here. He is a handy player to have with a lot of experience. Will be interesting to see where he goes unless retires.

IF it true the the exodus could of begun.. Contracts depending on when.

nothing sinister in him going back to peel.as i understand he was living down that way even when he was playing for the royals so i suppose he thought he would cut out the travelling.he was unfortunate in that with the alignment with the dockers they drafted a lot of eastern staters this year.peel are in a more precarious position than the royals as they drafted a few non zone players this year so i would say more peel players will be looking for a home next year.

Alignment - Travers Walks 10 years 10 months ago #18146

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Apart from the two alignment teams, is there any news on other players moving before the June 30 deadline?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 698 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog
  • FremantlesFinest