Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

2013 WAFL Round 12 Wrap 10 years 10 months ago #17901

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2876

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

Bazza wrote: Interesting East Freo are on top, would of expected Perth to be in the top two given there great year.

Swans have slipped a long way down the ratings.

Yeah Swans have. I guess their fans think they should be doing better and are voting with their feet. Truth is, they should be doing better too. At least on paper.

La H I don't think that is the reason for Swans' numbers this year. After two games we were 1 and 1 and played Perth at Basso. The crowd was extremely poor that day.

One would suspect the way the fixtures have been constructed this year where we play three consecutive games at Basso followed by a 5 week hiatus have not helped. Similarly, the number of byes we have had in the first half of the season probably has contributed as well.

Finally, the bizarre pattern of the games where we will be playing Subiaco for the second time in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks and later in the year the pattern of Peel bye and Peel.

Hopefully, our crowd numbers will increase in the second half of the season.

Perhaps the magics is just gone, you can only drink so much emu export i guess.

swan should the AFL introduce a 3rd AFL club to WA - and they chose the eastern suburbs as its base - what do you imagine would be the impact on the SDFC???

Have another Swan Draught Chris!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2013 WAFL Round 12 Wrap 10 years 10 months ago #17941

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

La Hincha wrote:

Bazza wrote: Interesting East Freo are on top, would of expected Perth to be in the top two given there great year.

Swans have slipped a long way down the ratings.

Yeah Swans have. I guess their fans think they should be doing better and are voting with their feet. Truth is, they should be doing better too. At least on paper.

La H I don't think that is the reason for Swans' numbers this year. After two games we were 1 and 1 and played Perth at Basso. The crowd was extremely poor that day.

One would suspect the way the fixtures have been constructed this year where we play three consecutive games at Basso followed by a 5 week hiatus have not helped. Similarly, the number of byes we have had in the first half of the season probably has contributed as well.

Finally, the bizarre pattern of the games where we will be playing Subiaco for the second time in a matter of 3 to 4 weeks and later in the year the pattern of Peel bye and Peel.

Hopefully, our crowd numbers will increase in the second half of the season.

Perhaps the magics is just gone, you can only drink so much emu export i guess.

swan should the AFL introduce a 3rd AFL club to WA - and they chose the eastern suburbs as its base - what do you imagine would be the impact on the SDFC???

As I said I am not sure exactly why our crowd numbers are lower than expected. Ic ertainly do not subscribe to the view that it is because of our relatively poor start to the season. I suspect that the disjointed nature of the fixturing is having an impact. I also suspect that the alignment issue has had a negative impact as well.

With respect to a third AFL team domiciled in Perth my thoughts are that it is delusional in the extreme. Where would the supporter base come from? There was a difference when the Dockers came in, they were able to draw from the Eagles' supporter base those people who were more naturally aligned to a Fremantle based team. Secondly, there were non-aligned supporters to draw from. I suspect that of all the people who would support an AFL team are already doing so. Certainly I can't see how the non-aligned WAFL supporters would suddenly decide to support this third team.

As to the impact it would have on the WAFL: one wouldn't need to be a rocket scientist to imagine the impact on the WAFL competition and clubs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 337 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Bulldog1990

Newest Footy Recruits

• Eddieskago
  • chaibrA
  • AbrahamErype
  • whatoma