Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16772

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
Three games this weekend, 3 losses to top four teams!! I wonder if the Falcons can buck the trend tomorrow. Whereas Swans beating Perth yesterday wasn't a massive shock, it would be fair to say that today's results were out of the box and the look of the league ladder has now changed quite a bit. Firstly how about those dominating doggies turning on the switch. Derbies are always quite combative wherever the teams are on the ladder so I was expecting a close contest to 3 quarter time with the Sharks pulling away in the last quarter, that plot was blown out of the water early in the match. Ashton Hams might have played his way back into the Eagles team with that performance and there were a raft of other 20+ contributors for Souths. In contrast where does this leave East Fremantle. They have now lost 4 games at home this year and last years grand finalists are at the crossroads.

Then if you though that was a shock, what about the Lions??? I must admit I was so caught up with how badly Swans played at Bassendean last week, I didn't give enough attention to the fact that maybe one of the reasons we were butchering the ball so much might have been due to the fact that Subiaco were giving them very little space and playing a pretty disciplined brand of footy. So they obviously went to Claremont today and repeated the dose, keeping the most potent forward line in the WAFL to only 7 goals. Fantastic achievement and will certainly boost the confidence of the young players. As for Claremont, it was probably the loss they had to have and will probably have the effect of focusing them for the top of the table clash next Saturday which may be bad news for West Perth!

Next weeks games take on a fair bit of significance with Subiaco playing South and East Fremantle up against Peel. Wins to the Doggies and Peel will mean a real logjam ( 6 teams within a game of each other) and still half the season to go. This is shaping up as a great battle for spots in the bottom half of the four

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16777

• DG
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 332

mikeh wrote: Three games this weekend, 3 losses to top four teams!! I wonder if the Falcons can buck the trend tomorrow. Whereas Swans beating Perth yesterday wasn't a massive shock, it would be fair to say that today's results were out of the box and the look of the league ladder has now changed quite a bit. Firstly how about those dominating doggies turning on the switch. Derbies are always quite combative wherever the teams are on the ladder so I was expecting a close contest to 3 quarter time with the Sharks pulling away in the last quarter, that plot was blown out of the water early in the match. Ashton Hams might have played his way back into the Eagles team with that performance and there were a raft of other 20+ contributors for Souths. In contrast where does this leave East Fremantle. They have now lost 4 games at home this year and last years grand finalists are at the crossroads.

Then if you though that was a shock, what about the Lions??? I must admit I was so caught up with how badly Swans played at Bassendean last week, I didn't give enough attention to the fact that maybe one of the reasons we were butchering the ball so much might have been due to the fact that Subiaco were giving them very little space and playing a pretty disciplined brand of footy. So they obviously went to Claremont today and repeated the dose, keeping the most potent forward line in the WAFL to only 7 goals. Fantastic achievement and will certainly boost the confidence of the young players. As for Claremont, it was probably the loss they had to have and will probably have the effect of focusing them for the top of the table clash next Saturday which may be bad news for West Perth!

Next weeks games take on a fair bit of significance with Subiaco playing South and East Fremantle up against Peel. Wins to the Doggies and Peel will mean a real logjam ( 6 teams within a game of each other) and still half the season to go. This is shaping up as a great battle for spots in the bottom half of the four

Absolutely mike, we didnt give them an inch today & they didnt like it.
"I'll be the fkng sheriff"

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16785

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872
Unlike the so called top League where 6 teams are complete jokes the WAFL has no easy games & any team can beat all others on any given day!

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16790

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Beasley Hutton wrote: Unlike the so called top League where 6 teams are complete jokes the WAFL has no easy games & any team can beat all others on any given day!

Yep, great example of how competitive a league can look - the fatman would love his league to be as close. Unfortunately, ours won't be as good in the future.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16801

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
The WAFL IS the greatest Grass roots footy in this country.. No bullshit and just great footy not like the PRETEND footy at AFL level. 2013 will be a great year.. 2014 maybe the end of the WAFL as we know it.
I was at the EF game today and WOW what a shocker by EF.. It just goes to show a Champion team will always beat a team of champions.
Sweating on the WP V EP game - Christ dont let the EP guys beat us as it will hurt But thats WAFL
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16802

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
mikeh.....weren't SD at the crossroads before the Perth game?..Has that changed now with their win?...what if they lose next game what then?...it fluctuates from week to week.....the likes of EF and SD have been up and down all year.....Perth have started well but it's a long season......are Subi definites for the finals after beating Cl today?....has the Cl bubble burst?.....wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if EP beat WP.....

SF have been there and there abouts all season.....played some good footy before fading, today they didn't!....their fans were due a 4 qrtr performance and got one....whose to say next week Subi hammer them.....or vice versa...it happens, every week another part if the puzzle will unfold and a new story told...

Last edit: by Freezin.

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16814

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Yeh well we only beat them by 3 points and that was a Get Out Jail card
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16817

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007

Freezin wrote: mikeh.....weren't SD at the crossroads before the Perth game?..Has that changed now with their win?...what if they lose next game what then?...it fluctuates from week to week.....the likes of EF and SD have been up and down all year.....Perth have started well but it's a long season......are Subi definites for the finals after beating Cl today?....has the Cl bubble burst?.....wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if EP beat WP.....

SF have been there and there abouts all season.....played some good footy before fading, today they didn't!....their fans were due a 4 qrtr performance and got one....whose to say next week Subi hammer them.....or vice versa...it happens, every week another part if the puzzle will unfold and a new story told...

Spot on Freezin... the unpredictability of the competition is what makes it so interesting. Must be a nightmare for tipsters ATM.

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16832

• Demons Forever
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 247
Yes Mike you can say that again. I haven't picked a winner yet this round.

Poop!!
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

Topsy turvy weekend 10 years 9 months ago #16839

• Flying falcon
  • Thank you received: 0
Yeah same here boys 0/3 so far this round hopefully my blokes get up today and break the trend but either way the competition is in good sted when you see results like this weekend. With the exception of Claremont until now this year has been nearly impossible to predict with everyteam losing games that should of been in the bag.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 320 guests and 3 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill
  • Johnny Leonard

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes