Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Under 18s 10 years 9 months ago #16619

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
How come two wa guns in Jesse Hogan and jack Martin aren't eligible to play state 18s? I think this stupid rule where blokes can get drafted even though they can't yet play afl needs to be changed (probably one of dorros legacies). These blokes should be playing wafl not qfl nswfl or vfl. It would be better for their development as players and lift the wafl profile. We've seen it happen with Jaeger o meara, David swallow, and now Martin and Hogan. Who wins out of this arrangement? Nobody except some second rate clubs in lesser competitions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Under 18s 10 years 9 months ago #16621

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Tiger of old wrote: How come two wa guns in Jesse Hogan and jack Martin aren't eligible to play state 18s? I think this stupid rule where blokes can get drafted even though they can't yet play afl needs to be changed (probably one of dorros legacies). These blokes should be playing wafl not qfl nswfl or vfl. It would be better for their development as players and lift the wafl profile. We've seen it happen with Jaeger o meara, David swallow, and now Martin and Hogan. Who wins out of this arrangement? Nobody except some second rate clubs in lesser competitions.

Tiger of old you mistakenly think that it is about which team is the best and giving the players the opportunity to play for their state or in VIctoria's case - metro or country.

It is so far removed from that. All it is about is to provide recruiters and opportunity to see the players in a forum which is most convenient for the recruiters. Since the above players have been drafted they serve no useful purpose in playing the Under 18s championship.

Under 18s 10 years 9 months ago #16622

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Swan42 is correct.

Thankfully, the days of priority picks (players drafted at 17 years of age)are over.

Under 18s 10 years 9 months ago #16655

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 230
Yeah i hear you fellas and that is part of my complaint, how the 18s has just become a recruiting display/camp. It should be all about winning and getting the competitive and state pride and team juices flowing in the youngsters like it used to be, But i guess thats not what footy is about anymore.

Under 18s 10 years 9 months ago #16660

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

Tiger of old wrote: Yeah i hear you fellas and that is part of my complaint, how the 18s has just become a recruiting display/camp. It should be all about winning and getting the competitive and state pride and team juices flowing in the youngsters like it used to be, But i guess thats not what footy is about anymore.

Im not sure I actually know what footy is about anymore Tiger of Old?
I have witnessed some if not the WORST games of footy I have ever seen this season at both AFL & WAFL level with players nowadays more intent on racking up meaningless wishy washy possessions to get their 25-30 disposals up rather then actually hitting the scoreboard!
And dont get me started on this rotation rubbish created by so called sports science "guru's"! Players are exhausting more energy sprinting to the bench 3 or 4 times a qtr then they would by just staying on the bloody ground!
Anyways back on topic good luck to WA in the 18's!

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 478 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes