Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #618

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Dear George,

Thank you for sharing your concerns as a passionate WA football follower. Your correspondence has been received and documented by the West Australian Football Commission.

This is an extremely important and complex issue for WA Football and significant consideration has been given to the best overall interests of the game in our State.

A key objective is to achieve a stronger and more sustainable WAFL competition for the future. Importantly, the WAFL Clubs will keep their identities, heritage and control over their future, the District pathway will remain the same and major new funding will be delivered to provide targeted money for ongoing development.

Continued monitoring of the Partnering Clubs will ensure that any issues detected or brought to the WAFC’s attention will result in an immediate review with appropriate changes to maintain an even WAFL competition. Changes may be in the form of adjustments to salary cap, the player points system and the number of out-of-zone recruits.

Thanks again for your valued feedback and support of football in WA.

Kind regards,

Steve Tuohey
Media and Communications Manager
West Australian Football Commission
PO Box 275 Subiaco
T: 08 9381 5599
E: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
W: www.wafootball.com.au

This e-mail and any attachments are intended for the addressee(s) only and may be confidential. They may contain legally privileged or copyright material. You should not read, copy, use or disclose them without authorisation. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender as soon as possible by return e-mail and then please delete both messages. This notice should not be removed.
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #619

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC
  • Thank you received: 0
I like the way you are titled a "Passionate WA football follower"...

Am I the only one that see's this as arrogance from the WAFC? Quite obviously, its not a personal attack to the sender who's name is listed as signing it off, as this letter seems to be fairly generic, and would have been passed by the WAFC as a whole.

"Passionate WA football follower" collectively includes the two AFL teams who are at the centre of frustrations, and perceived by many as non-true WA clubs playing in a Victorian controlled comp anyway. :angry:

Thoughts?

Mike

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #623

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Hi George,
Thank you for your email to and support of the WAFL.
The WAFC certainly have some explaining to do over the decision they have made.
We are trying to seek those answers as a matter of urgency.
Frankly I am less than convinced this change will enhance the WAFL competition and this should have been the bottom line.
Yes it is a great deal for the two AFL clubs and EP and Peel.
I don’t believe a “contrived competition” is fair and I don’t believe the members and WAFL football fans should have to cop it.
There are a few untruths being told about this whole affair via the media.
Keep up the good work and make sure your club and its members are vocal about this.

Rgds
Brett Raponi
George Copley
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #634

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
I would be disturbed had I received a reply from the football commission as the same published above! The words they use do not seem re-assuring to me either!
Why don't they reference to 'passionate Wafl follower'? Cannot they fathom the fact if the alignments go ahead, it won't be a WAFL competition! Yes the proposal is great for big business but a bad decision for football in WA.

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #655

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
I would go as far to say the soon to be ex-Wafl, could easily end up like the Tasmanian football league whereby that competition has lost it's own identity.
Apparently (if one believes what is written on the webpage) the Tasmanian football league has only been in existence since 2009!? Surely in the real world, that would not be the case, would it!? I'm on the very strong belief football thrived in a Tassie footy league pre-2009. Why is there no info or reference on the webpage of the tasmanian football history etc? Make no mistake people, big business will do the same here!! :angry: :ohmy: :(

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #659

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
As far as I am concerned Peel and EP are no longer part of the WAFL. Those two clubs have chosen to betray the WAFL by signing the papers to become 2nd tier clubs to the Dockers and Eagles. They have chosen to go against the presidents of the other clubs. So we are down to a 7 comp WAFL. I will not support any games by these two clubs and I hope other WAFL supporters do the same.
I will not go to any of their their games and as far as I am concerned these 2 clubs are dead.
My ladder will be restricted to the other 7 clubs and the top clubs will be the WAFL clubs on this ladder.
2 ladders not hard to arrange and will post another ladder on here leaving PEEL and EP off the calculations. If either club is in the GF against a regular WAFL Club that club will be my WAFL premiership side.
Should be fun. Unfortunately it shouldn't of happened.
I urge others to support this process. It could send a message.
We would have a TRUE WAFL COMP and alongside of this the False WAFL COMP

This message represents the official view of the voices in my head
Attachments:

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #688

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Love it Cardy. If you do a tipping comp with the 7 WAFL sides and not the 2 AFL sides in it...count me in!!
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #698

• George
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
Page 92 in today's The West Australian "Alignment saga heats up"
George Copley

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #704

• Cardy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 10
Here is the article off the net. Helps those interstate and who dont waste their time with the West.

au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/...nment-saga-heats-up/
This message represents the official view of the voices in my head

AFL PARTNERING MODEL - REVIEW BY COP Group of Seve 11 years 4 months ago #714

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

Cardy wrote: Here is the article off the net. Helps those interstate and who dont waste their time with the West.

au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/afl/...nment-saga-heats-up/

Good stuff, they need to know how angry we are. Ideally, only the 7 WAFL clubs would play one another next season. There might be a year of pain for them, but would force the a positive result. However, I can't see this happening. Perhaps we could have another comp - East Eagles v Peel Dorks, then the next week we could have the Peel Dorks play the East Eagles??? :whistle:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 397 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Time For a Flag

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes