Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #16339

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
i would say continual posting on a topic you referred to as one you admit you dont care about indicates you may also be bored :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #16341

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
i disagree - i think you are boring.. :cheer:

Last edit: by MarkOlsen.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #16974

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If ever there was a reason to hold G Dorrington in complete and utter contempt, have a look at yesterday's newspaper about possible sanctions against Swan Districts over the 'scoreboard incident'. G Dorrington 'counselled' the Swans' President.

Interesting to note that apparently the club formerly known as East Perth did not want to pursue the matter further. IT IS THE WEST COAST EAGLES who are putting pressure to sanction Swans.

Memo to G Dorrington and I know that this topic and/or post will be brought to your attention:

Fine and/or sanction Swans at your peril. It is incredible that Swans could be fined for supposedly acting in a manner detrimental to the WAFL competition. The question to be asked: who rode roughshod over the wishes of 7 of the WAFL clubs in putting in place the host club situation.

Rest assured there will be a backlash of the highest order from grassroot supporters and members from the seven true WAFL clubs if there are any sanctions imposed on Swans.

For the benefit of Dorrington et al, the above is my opinion and I am not representing the Swan Districts Football Club's official position; nor am I representing any Director or paid employee of the Swan Districts Football CLub.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17105

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

swan42 wrote: If ever there was a reason to hold G Dorrington in complete and utter contempt, have a look at yesterday's newspaper about possible sanctions against Swan Districts over the 'scoreboard incident'. G Dorrington 'counselled' the Swans' President.

Interesting to note that apparently the club formerly known as East Perth did not want to pursue the matter further. IT IS THE WEST COAST EAGLES who are putting pressure to sanction Swans.

Memo to G Dorrington and I know that this topic and/or post will be brought to your attention:

Fine and/or sanction Swans at your peril. It is incredible that Swans could be fined for supposedly acting in a manner detrimental to the WAFL competition. The question to be asked: who rode roughshod over the wishes of 7 of the WAFL clubs in putting in place the host club situation.

Rest assured there will be a backlash of the highest order from grassroot supporters and members from the seven true WAFL clubs if there are any sanctions imposed on Swans.

For the benefit of Dorrington et al, the above is my opinion and I am not representing the Swan Districts Football Club's official position; nor am I representing any Director or paid employee of the Swan Districts Football CLub.

Very true , although mate I think you are over estimating what you think is an apparent ground swell reaction against any sanctions. vast majority of footy fans in this state don't give a rats arse and would not even know it happened. trying ringing up 720 or 6PR and getting the subject fired up with the footy public, and see how far you get,

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17135

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote: If ever there was a reason to hold G Dorrington in complete and utter contempt, have a look at yesterday's newspaper about possible sanctions against Swan Districts over the 'scoreboard incident'. G Dorrington 'counselled' the Swans' President.

Very true , although mate I think you are over estimating what you think is an apparent ground swell reaction against any sanctions. vast majority of footy fans in this state don't give a rats arse and would not even know it happened. trying ringing up 720 or 6PR and getting the subject fired up with the footy public, and see how far you get,

Bazza I am talking about the WAFL supporters who turn up to support their WAFL club. Let's face it if you are a WAFL supporters listening to 6PR would not necessarily be what you would do to get any information about the WAFL. With the exception of Hardie it is basically a mouthpiece for the West Coast Eagles.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17141

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: AKA listens to get his information on his beloved Sydney Swans.

A/man what is your view of the current controversy over the Swans' scoreboard and the part allegedly played by the Eagles, according to The West Australian, in pursuing this matter? Do you think it has anything to do with the Eagles? Similarly, if there is a protest from a WAFL club about the Peel alignment has it anything to do with the Dockers?

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17144

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Swan I agree with you on this, but I just dont think there are enough people across the board concerned about it to raise a storm, regardless of 6pr 720 or the The West, the WA footy public a AFL centric.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17256

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote:

swan42 wrote:

anchorman wrote: AKA listens to get his information on his beloved Sydney Swans.

A/man what is your view of the current controversy over the Swans' scoreboard and the part allegedly played by the Eagles, according to The West Australian, in pursuing this matter? Do you think it has anything to do with the Eagles? Similarly, if there is a protest from a WAFL club about the Peel alignment has it anything to do with the Dockers?

I thought it was a childish prank.But I guess that swans were prepared to make a stance on the issue.not sure it won many friends.
I have no idea if the Eagles had or have any part in what has happened.But from what I saw the Swans played East Perth that day.They are still East Perth.
I really have no thoughts on what has happened as to the alignments other than to say that it was a decision that the WAFL and WAFC had to make.
We have been through all this before.We are just rehashing the same old issue.
you can bitch and scream all you like,but the under laying factor is,you all took the money with pleasure, and now want more.A bit like Oliver Twist.

A/man with all due respect, it was not a decision made by the WAFL. If there had been a vote of WAFL clubs the result would have been 7 votes against and 2 votes for.

Secondly, why did it have to happen?

Is Freo's current position a reflection of the success of the host club alignment?

Was Michael Walters going back to his ORIGINAL WAFL club of Swan Districts a success or a failure?

Is the curent West Coast Eagles position a reflection of the failure of the host club situation?

Are you seriously suggesting that the WAFL clubs should not have received compensation which in my opinion is patently less than what it should be?

With respect to the scoreboard incident, one can take one of two interpretations. It was a joke or it was a very pointed statement. Personally, I am of the view it was the latter. However, if you take on face value that the article written in The West is accurate, it is unambiguous that the push is coming from the Eagles and not a local WAFL club. I also think that you underestimate how much support Swans have had following the incident from the WAFL community.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17347

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

anchorman wrote: No Swan I don't underestimate the support swans got.You asked my opinion I gave it.
As for whether the Dockers situation is due to the alignment I don't know.But it must be remembered that we were on fire at the end of last season.Our next level of players seem to be achieving more at Peel than they did in previous years.Maybe this is maturity I don't know.
As for the Eagles situation....I don't know and truthfully I don't care.
The Walters situation was interesting to say the least.would he have come good at Peel !!who knows.I would like to think that the kid got the message and it wouldn't have mattered where he was.But full credit to swans for taking him in again and getting him there.

Obviously it is only my opinion, but I feel that if there had been an alignment between the Dockers and Peel last year, Walters may well have been lost to both the AFL and WAFL competitions. As to whether the fringe Dockers' players have improved due to the alignment, a better AFL coach or as a result of maturing is a contentious issue. I suspect it is a combination of the latter two and has very little, if anything, to do with the host club alignment. All AFL listed players with the Dockers or Eagles for the vast majority of the hours in the week are under the control and/or guidance of the AFL club.

Dorrington.........Gone 10 years 10 months ago #17699

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Interesting to see that Swans apparently didn't bring the game into disrepute over the 'scoreboard incident'. One of Dorrington's better decisions perhaps?

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 499 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977