Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 11 months ago #124009

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Can't seem to get the smiles off their dials Mark, Very good atmosphere at the club at the moment. If I was the Eagles I would take their form on the road personally. No one appears grumpy just ticking along part of the system I guess. I have noticed a few Eagles support staff getting chubby, the morning teas must have improved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 11 months ago #124010

• MarkOlsen
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 514
maybe they think the East Perth Eagles are a better chance for a flag than the West Coast Eagles ?

both are embarrassing clubs so no surprise they get excited about a morning tea.
aligns with the lack of brains.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Beasley Hutton

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 11 months ago #124011

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Wow Mark your up and about this morning. Your not a red head are you very fiesty chap. I'm sure there must be one person with half a brain down there. I will see if I can locate him for you.

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 11 months ago #124049

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: West Coast's poor performances in Melbourne is proof they must send a Reserves Team to the VFL to toughen them up for future success.

Same goes for Freo.Having it easy in WA with their Reserves will not help their cause.They also have to head east,to mix it with the VFL sides in tougher conditions.

The 2 WA based AFL Clubs are kidding themselves if they think having Reserves Teams here will help them ultimately in the AFL.Ut won't,but then we all know why they are really here,don't we?! :pinch:

The ineptitude of West Coast Eagles' away form is proof positive that the host club alignment is an unmitigated failure. What it has produced is a group of players that are so pampered they don't know how to react when things aren't going well; whereas if they were distributed amongst all the clubs it would allow them to be able to fight back under adversity.

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 11 months ago #124053

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Heath Black in an interview couple of years ago rated SF 97 prem as his career highlight. Sam Butler spoke about how he and Glass and Army stuck together at WCE through the PFC connection. We had a pretty good system before and hard to see how alignment has improved AFL sides' performance. Let's say 1-2% tops - worth it????

WAFC-Mistrust 6 years 10 months ago #124064

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Speaking as an anti alignment person I can see several tangible, measurable reasons for having all your resources in one spot. I can't see one good reason to split them like the old system. As much as I enjoyed the old system it was never fair either. Half the players at Claremont and EF then the worst sides generally Perth and Peel getting extra picks in the reverse draft. Not as unbalanced as the current alignment granted but completely unfair for a credible competition.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 461 guests and 3 members online

• Success Hill
  • Time For a Flag
  • Blackduck

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric