Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57599

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

MikeXU1 wrote: Who will be the first WAFL club to withdraw from the competition, and apply to play in the Ammos?

The Mandurah Crabs aka Peel should be sent to the Ammos ASAP!
The saving of $$$ that are used to prop up that piece of sh!t annually would be a good start!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57606

• Dazzler
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 391
They need to find savings because there's another snout to fit in the trough with Dorro inviting himself onto the WAFC board. He might have to bring his own chair things are that tough.

I saw him on his morning constitutional this morning and he said he's been dreaming up some even bigger ideas to trump his Westar Rules triumph of a few years ago and to help the Commission on its cost savings drive. How about a 'No Footballs Round' where they play imaginary games in front of imaginary crowds. Sure to be a cost saving.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57608

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

ArkRoyal wrote: I wonder if the Premier and government could chip in with some money; the decision to build the new ground may cost WA football dearly in the long-run; it will be that part of WA football which matters most too, as others have pointed out.

There is absolutley ZERO chance of the tax payer chipping in at the moment , the States coffers are empty and in hock to the max, nor should they either. the State Govt has already bailed the WAFL out once, they shouldnt have to it again.

Last edit: by Bazza.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57610

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Bazza i reckon your are right to a degree. Govt will not commit good money to poor managers.ie WAFC. Already demonstrated there imcompitence. I reckon if the Cooper and co step aside maybe Barney will step in with dough

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57615

• Jimmy Boag
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
The AFL is just sitting back waiting. It will get to the point when the WAFC will find itself selling back the two local AFL licenses. Reckon that's why they only put $2 million into "local" footy, yet reap the benefits in the Draft.
Our self proclaimed "saviour", Doro, aka "Westar Man" (comic book character out before Xmas) will save the day :woohoo: Wasn't it Skyhooks...."Ego is not a dirty word...." hey Doro?

Last edit: by Jimmy Boag.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57616

• La Hincha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
If they start up a TAC Cup style 18's comp the WAFL clubs are instantly doomed.

We already have an elite 18's comp with the colts.

The standard of colts football and the identification methods used by the WAFL clubs is much better than when I started watching colts in 1981.

Don't let this daft suggestion of a so called "elite" 18's comp get legs if you want the WAFL to survive.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57622

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

astro wrote: Bazza i reckon your are right to a degree. Govt will not commit good money to poor managers.ie WAFC. Already demonstrated there imcompitence. I reckon if the Cooper and co step aside maybe Barney will step in with dough

You will be waiting a long time, with critical services facing cuts, massive state debt , redundancies left right and center, there is a snowballs chance in hell the tax payers will allow critical funds to be shovelled into a greedy over paid sport, especially with the tonnes being spent on the stadium.

footy needs to learn to stand on its own, otherwise Piss off.

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57623

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Jimmy Boag wrote: The AFL is just sitting back waiting. It will get to the point when the WAFC will find itself selling back the two local AFL licenses. Reckon that's why they only put $2 million into "local" footy, yet reap the benefits in the Draft.
Our self proclaimed "saviour", Doro, aka "Westar Man" (comic book character out before Xmas) will save the day :woohoo: Wasn't it Skyhooks...."Ego is not a dirty word...." hey Doro?

Ive been saying if for years the best thing the WAFC could do for WA is to sell the licences back, they are worth about 20 Mill each, bank the money and walk away from the whole AFL cluster and put WAFL first.

Fold the WAFC and start a new chapter,

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57629

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
Bazza: I was being a tad sarcastic

WAFC funding cuts 9 years 5 months ago #57642

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386
The commission should have looked seriously at Swans board member Howard Dawsons proposals a couple of years back,they would have bankrolled the WAFL for eternity..but he was lambasted by some. I bet his proposal looks pretty good now
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 2217 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• CarlosPhymn
  • Helenusaph
  • DJbem
  • kyliefrisp
  • chaibrA