Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56584

• Mr Mysterious
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Well I am not the Treasurer. Do I know 100% no player is being payed. Yes. A good journo never reveals his source though...
I would hope that not only my club but all other clubs uphold the integrity of an AMATEUR competition.

I believe you have to submit a form to the amateurs say who got an award each week. I'm not sure how many clubs do this but I know Wanneroo does.

Seeing as we haven't heard anything more about this topic I'd say that Kelmscott aren't in trouble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56586

• Dirk Diggler
  • Thank you received: 0
There have been at least two official complaints made about Kelmscott this season which the WAAFL will work through.

Whether anything becomes of the aforementioned complaints.. time will tell.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56599

• Cantbuyagoal
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 18
I'm not sure why all the focus is still about Kelmscott, sourer grapes that they almost didn't make the finals yet went on to win the GF.
There are plenty of clubs out there willing to bend/break the rules.
There is plenty of speculation that you need + $50k to be competitive in A grade let alone win it.
I have read plenty on this site about players getting paid.
Rumours, speculation the fact is it happens in all grades and I've heard as low as C4, wether it's cash for playing, giving out more than the league allows for awards, drinks, fuel vouchers and the list goes on.

Good luck trying to stop it, clubs like the one I'm involved in would love it if they could, would put everyone on a level playing field.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56601

• turtle
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4

TheGreat wrote:

turtle wrote: The point I was trying to make was don't think that all WAAFL clubs in A grade pay out the big bucks to bring success.

A salary cap would push the smaller clubs even further away from making the top grades and even kill some off when then run into debt to pay players. Players will always deviate towards big clubs with big reputations. Take for example North Freos 5ths they would give all clubs in C grade a run for their money.....why? Depth due to size of the club and the reputation of the club.

Having said that some clubs do pay out big bucks but its laughable as they are the sides who don't end up getting anything out of it.

Turtle mate you are delusional.... There 1's couldnt even win a "B" grade flag. How would there 5th's give C grade sides a run for there money. Maybe there 2nd may be able to put up a fight....

5th's but..... Geez turtle... Pul ya head out of your ass!

You played their 5ths??? Most of their 5ths could play in A or A reserves but choose not to.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56603

• sbelly
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
North Freos 5ths haven't won a game for at least 2 years.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56611

• The Shiz
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 5
The kelmscott issue is in the too hard basket. The WAAFL won't take any action, you've heard it here first.

Kelmscott.... 9 years 5 months ago #56637

• TheGreat
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 6

turtle wrote:

TheGreat wrote:

turtle wrote: The point I was trying to make was don't think that all WAAFL clubs in A grade pay out the big bucks to bring success.

A salary cap would push the smaller clubs even further away from making the top grades and even kill some off when then run into debt to pay players. Players will always deviate towards big clubs with big reputations. Take for example North Freos 5ths they would give all clubs in C grade a run for their money.....why? Depth due to size of the club and the reputation of the club.

Having said that some clubs do pay out big bucks but its laughable as they are the sides who don't end up getting anything out of it.

Turtle mate you are delusional.... There 1's couldnt even win a "B" grade flag. How would there 5th's give C grade sides a run for there money. Maybe there 2nd may be able to put up a fight....

5th's but..... Geez turtle... Pul ya head out of your ass!

You played their 5ths??? Most of their 5ths could play in A or A reserves but choose not to.

Turtle pls...... you're embarrassing yourself.

Next you'll be saying their 4th's are AFL potential.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 325 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes