Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112873

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Latest Newspoll has Barnett being swept aside.

One nation at 13%

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112909

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

anchorman wrote:

Grassy wrote: I think the best way to answer that Anchor,is to look at the Response of those on their side of The Political fence.

The WA Liberal Party and the Chamber of Commerce and Industry.

It doesn't tell me any thing Grassy.What I want to know is,Is it just a tax being imposed by the WA Liberal NP party for WA.Will the money remain here, or will it be shred with the rest of Australia.

anchor...my understanding is that it will be imposed on the iron ore mining operations of BHPB and Rio in WA only based on tonnages extracted. the stupidity of the whole scheme is that the Federal Govt will include it as WA state revenue when GST distribution is calculated meaning we'll receive it as a royalty in one hand and give it back as lower GST income in the other which gets distributed to the other states all the while putting further cost imposts on our 2 biggest tax payers....so yes, we'll keep it in WA but lose out on GST which sees our share going to the other states. a stupid hair brained scheme which sums Grylls up for mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza

Last edit: by BC.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112913

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Senior Seagull wrote:

BC wrote: I'll be interested to see what sneakers does about Roe 8 when the time comes. he's rolled over with his legs in the air for a vocal minority but given 52% of punters agree with it as opposed to 30% against according to ReachTel in January...what happens when the time comes to deliver and what is his plan to fix traffic problems in and out of Freo? maybe he can get Pettitt to come up with something that is non-pollutant, doesn't upset our indigenous brothers and sisters, won't disturb the wide mouthed tawny caterpillar and is quiet enough to allow the hard working members of the MUA to get their 8 hours sleep on shift...I know, we can transfer all freight to horse and cart at Stock Road (appropriate name I know) and move it in that way with the exception of Fridays so not to upset our Muslim friends or during Ramadan....problem solved...

Sneakers says he will redirect the substantial fed funding for Roe 8 to other areas ... I think not. The funding was tied tightly to Roe 8 and nothing else, does he really think that the fed libs will do him any favors, so that's near a couple of $Bill hole in his funding plan ... he has not a hope in hell of clearing the deficit in 1 4 year term without returning us to the stone age and massive job loses in the public sector and as others have said the unions who control the labor party and hold his election campaign purse strings will be right into him bigtime for pay rises in return for funding his election ... if he is elected, but then again he was in the navy so all will be right.

We have poor options which ever way we look, Libs are tired & have us in major debt but have delivered some big infrastructure projects, labor are a complete unknown with their usual pie in the sky promises, but history tells us they will cowtow to the unions and stuff things up, then there are the independents and minor parties who offer us nothing apart from being spoilers, of course there are the Greens, that bunch of numpty Neanderthals would have us living in caves and riding kangaroos for transport, any group that places animals and plants above humans should be consigned to living in a cave.

The precedence was set when the Liberals threaten to withhold funds if the ALP in Victoria cancelled the EaSt-West link. Subsequent to the Victorian State election and the ALP cancelling the East-West link the funds WERE NOT withheld.

Yeah - that's it, and if its redirected to some other worthwhile infrastructure project i.e. a new outter harbour that is actually long term it is even less chance of getting withheld.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112914

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Mcbob wrote:

Bazza wrote:

BC wrote: I'll be interested to see what sneakers does about Roe 8 when the time comes. he's rolled over with his legs in the air for a vocal minority but given 52% of punters agree with it as opposed to 30% against according to ReachTel in January...what happens when the time comes to deliver and what is his plan to fix traffic problems in and out of Freo? maybe he can get Pettitt to come up with something that is non-pollutant, doesn't upset our indigenous brothers and sisters, won't disturb the wide mouthed tawny caterpillar and is quiet enough to allow the hard working members of the MUA to get their 8 hours sleep on shift...I know, we can transfer all freight to horse and cart at Stock Road (appropriate name I know) and move it in that way with the exception of Fridays so not to upset our Muslim friends or during Ramadan....problem solved...

Hopefully he will stick by his word and cancel it, problem is a lot of local damage has already been done with the clearing. Theres zero votes in keeping it for sneakers only beneficiaries are the strong liberal seats of Melville, areas impacts are all Labor, mainly Tinleys seat who has been strongly opposed all through and sticking up for local residents.

I'm a Liberal voter and will be not be voting for Barnett on this issue and on Grylls major stuffs ups in the Pilbara, they are the two issues that have meant I will not be supporting the LNP in WA for the first time in 30 years. That does not mean I will be voting for ALP , but I will be sending a protest vote to my local member, and due to Roe 8 and its impact on Cottesloe I can tell you Barney has a few baseballs bats lined up on him around here.

Looks like they were waiting for him this morning

www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-austral...af9b1fab336ec674b6af

The anti Barnett sentiment around here is palpable, fair dinkum I've never seen it like this before.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112915

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Its going to be pretty funny seeing Sneakers opening the new footy stadium as premier, in full glory, taking all the applause having had SFA to do with it and being opposed to it from day 1.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112935

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358

Bazza wrote: Its going to be pretty funny seeing Sneakers opening the new footy stadium as premier, in full glory, taking all the applause having had SFA to do with it and being opposed to it from day 1.

Well I hope Mark McGowan is a good home handy-man because he's going to be busy fixing a lot of things.

Perth Children's Hospital
The Budget
Congestion in the CBD due to Elizabeth Quay
Pick up and drop off zones at Perth train stations to get people to and from the train stations in Perth when the airport rail link is complete.
Without doubt there will be teething problems at the new stadium when it's complete in regards getting to and from the stadium.
Working out how to get rail to Ellenbrook now there are new housing developments either side of Lord St restricting the widening of Lord St.

Very basic lack of thought not gone into things by a gung-ho arrogant premier.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Last edit: by DD.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #112938

• gtrxuone
  • gtrxuone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1329
Also the massive Great Eastern Hwy upgrade with no rail provisions made down the centre.Now there redoing Nangarra Rd between Alexander Drive and Ellenbrook. And still no rail provision in planning.

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #113240

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
does anyone else on here think it would be really refreshing for either side of politics to stop promising huge cash splashes on anything and everything for the election and come out and be up front and honest and say that due to the parlous state of the state economy, we won't be spending anything over the next 4 years other than to finish current projects and we will bring the budget back into line? how nice would that be?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bazza, UNKA2

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #113241

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agree entirely BC the spending promises are ludicrous in the current climate , promising London style metro systems at unfathonable costs , widening Freeways, new inner city high schools, all
Are completely unaffordable and un necessary in the current climate the focus should be squarely on cost control reigning in public service costs wage restraint I mean look at this ludicrous request by the WAFC wanting 11 million a year when the Eagles have 60
mill in the bank that's a line in the sand as far as I'm concerned no more waste

WA State Election,March 11,2017. 7 years 2 months ago #113242

• Mcbob
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 83

BC wrote: does anyone else on here think it would be really refreshing for either side of politics to stop promising huge cash splashes on anything and everything for the election and come out and be up front and honest and say that due to the parlous state of the state economy, we won't be spending anything over the next 4 years other than to finish current projects and we will bring the budget back into line? how nice would that be?

Id be in that. I would hope people are smart enough to think about the long term impact the blowout will have and not get sucked into flashy expensive projects. Wishful thinking maybe.
Vote One Nation - focus on the big issues, like ban the burka ;)

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 890 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977