Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

andrew macdougall 9 years 6 months ago #57384

• helraiserr
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't reckon there was a opposition supporter who gave this guy the most shit wen subi played perth as I did. untapped talent that never fulfilled in the afl.
then watching this bloke at perth, he seemed to be going through the motions.
everytime perth played subi, he just wasn't on. even his own supporters gave him shit. if the guy had a nasty disposition, he would have shot a local.
wen he came to subi I actually thought it might be a masterstroke as much as I hated him.

how he lifted his game to the levels he did is a great mystery. I know the culture at subi is a culture of success, far from the old days. unfortunately perth has to find a way out of the old culture.

I could go on and on but mac, u went out on your terms which I wouldn't have believed possible a few years back. well done. no one would have predicted this ending for u. u were a worthy premiership player and it just goes to show - in a half decent team, dormant cream can rise to the top

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

andrew macdougall 9 years 6 months ago #57388

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
pretty sure MacDougall was part of strong squads at both WCE and WBD during his AFL career and did fark all,considering the footy tools he was gifted. Had a bit of nemesis with soft tissue injuries from memory, Subi got lucky perhaps that he was in the right mind set physically and mentally, compared to his time at Perth, WCE & WBD.......come end of the day the fella won a premiership medal, kudos to him for achieving that and for Subi providing him with the opportunity to do so.

andrew macdougall 9 years 6 months ago #57391

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
McDougall played some great games for Perth and he also put in some disappointing games.
He also misssed truck loads of games through injury at Perth.

For mine it was never a question of talent moreso Andrew's state of mind of what he wanted to achieve,he reminded me in someways of Rhett Bayens.
He was the classic 16 year old superstar that got lots of press on how good he was and how good he was going to be and struggled with that,imo.

Nothing to do with clubs (2 AFL clubs and the resources they have couldnt get the best out of him) or culture it was purely above the shoulders in Andrews case imo.
He handled it much better at the end of his career and Subi were lucky enough to benefit.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

andrew macdougall 9 years 6 months ago #57402

• helraiserr
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

30plusyeardrought wrote: McDougall played some great games for Perth and he also put in some disappointing games.
He also misssed truck loads of games through injury at Perth.

For mine it was never a question of talent moreso Andrew's state of mind of what he wanted to achieve,he reminded me in someways of Rhett Bayens.
He was the classic 16 year old superstar that got lots of press on how good he was and how good he was going to be and struggled with that,imo.

Nothing to do with clubs (2 AFL clubs and the resources they have couldnt get the best out of him) or culture it was purely above the shoulders in Andrews case imo.
He handled it much better at the end of his career and Subi were lucky enough to benefit.

yep funny u say that about Rhett bayens.
played aginst him in juniors and thought he had some grunt about him to go to the next level. played against some great juniors who made it and who didn't care to make it. brett Symons was a beauty at carlisle who played for perth but probably didn't shine at wafl like he should have

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 792 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • TheFeds

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL