Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39684

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
being a subscriber to FoxFooty, there was a lot of talk about a new show on sunday nights called "Ed & Derms Big week in Footy".

Dermott explained that the show was designed to wrap up & summarize all the games from the weekend in a package format. Like the old "Winners" we used to get on the ABC years ago. Since there is no programme like it these days which is ridiculous really. Even SBS have a similar programme for the A-League, but we can get one in the AFL.

Having said that, this Ed & Derm show is just like all the others. What it promised was very much short lived. On sunday they spent 80% of the show talking about Carltons win and Judds injury. They left no time to summarise any games and they didn't even say the results of about 5 games - Nothing. These two boys get into the old personal chest beating with themselves and yet again we are left with a football programme that misses the mark of what they promoted, and half of it is filled with childish giggles. Of course Collingwood got a mention, it was important that Eddie got that in there in the remaining 20% of time that was left.

Average show :sick:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39711

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553
Thanks for the summation jardine. I was going to have a look, but find fat eddie hard to stomach...don't think I'll bother after reading your post. I found the same problem with 360 last night - half the show about Carlton/Judd and the other half about Geelong. I'll probably give that one a miss too and wait for a real 'all encompassing' footy show to come around.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39714

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

58shark wrote: Thanks for the summation jardine. I was going to have a look, but find fat eddie hard to stomach...don't think I'll bother after reading your post. I found the same problem with 360 last night - half the show about Carlton/Judd and the other half about Geelong. I'll probably give that one a miss too and wait for a real 'all encompassing' footy show to come around.

Wont happen i reckon 58, to busy talking about themselves, or the media "teams" they love. Means teams like saints dogs tiges etc, never gunna get a look in. Even though my beloved cats get a mention, that despite thier imposing record are like alister clarke had the foresight to mention, underrated. Despite our records v the hawks of recent times we are always longer odds in the head to head........... anyway i digress.

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39715

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
I also have Fox Footy and my favourite program on the channel by the length of the Flemington Straight is Chooseday Night Football where they show the old games from the 80's & 90's!
Oh to go back to the footy from those days, fast free flowing, plenty of goals and spectacular marks!

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39717

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
How the hell would they fit those two guys in the same studio with their massive egos :P

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39721

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Beasley Hutton wrote: I also have Fox Footy and my favourite program on the channel by the length of the Flemington Straight is Chooseday Night Football where they show the old games from the 80's & 90's!
Oh to go back to the footy from those days, fast free flowing, plenty of goals and spectacular marks!

And after just watching a replay of the 1995 Anzac Day between Collingwood & Essendon it has further highlighted to me just how much more entertaining AFL footy was back then! (Current Geelong vs Hawthorn games aside)

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39722

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Ah yes BH, I enjoy that Chooseday footy hour :cheer:
Was great recently watching W.Capper kicking goals out of his bum at old Victoria Park. That boy was a lot of things but one thing always overlooked is he could seriously play the game. A great full forward he was. He was an entertainment package love him or hate him .

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39738

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 119

Beasley Hutton wrote: I also have Fox Footy and my favourite program on the channel by the length of the Flemington Straight is Chooseday Night Football where they show the old games from the 80's & 90's!

Beasley,
Did you see the state of origin from 1986 last week. Even Gerard Whately said people say it was the best state of origin ever. That surprised me that Victorians would say that. SA and Vic seem to think they were the only main players in state of origin. We seem to be like the poor cousin whereas in reality we invented the idea and played in some classic matches.

Ed & Derms Fail 9 years 11 months ago #39809

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

anchorman wrote: I couldn't be bothered to watch it jardine.I can't stand Dermy as he is just so full of his own self importance he forgets about football.Eddie!!!Well Eddie is Eddie and has his own agenda regardless of what programme he is on.
I wrote to the Fox people last year and the year before about the lack of interest given to the states other than Victoria on their channels but got no response.
I have Fox but mainly for the games.I watch 360 and the Couch,but still get disappointed at the lack of interest the sides, other than Victorian sides,get from these two shows.All very very much Victorian orientated.It must have hurt mike Sheehan to have to interview Neil Knuckles Curly last year.
I guess WA is too far away to have to fly any one here to interview people like Sheedy,Marsh,Walker,Michael,Cable,Peake,etc etc etc.The list could go on and on ,but I guess nobody realises at Fox knows just how big a part West Aussies played in development of football in Victoria.

of course i agree a/man. Alas they cater for the masses (Vic), thats the way all business run. who do you think in Vic would know about sheedy?, hence no coverage. Asi say not right BUT thats the way they think im afraid

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 379 guests and one member online

• Whitey

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977