Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123382

• Beasley Hutton
  • Thank you received: 2874

ArkRoyal wrote: Me thinks that Peel finishing at or near the bottom of the ladder for most of its history might also prove something else; remember even the WA football Commission refers to the club as 'the Peel alignment', a name, which, in and of it self, refers to the fact that the club -- regional talent and all -- is weak and requires help. I seem to remember Manduarh beging in Subi's district in the 1980s, and we recrutted Bill Monaghan to the club no problem.

Quite correct AR in fact there were many players from the Peel region who played WAFL/VFL/AFL footy long before the introduction of "Peel Thunder".
Those players included- Brian 'BT' Taylor, Stan Magro, Gary Smallridge, Dean Wilson, Paul Wilson, Troy Wilson, Bill Monaghan, Steve Monaghan, Greg Kelly, Merv Kelly, John McDonald, Greg Turner, Daryl Wyllie, Dominic & Steve Pinzone, Scott Kettlewell, Marty Atkins, Tony Morley et al just from Mandurah, Rockingham, Kwinana, Pinjarra, Waroona.
It is absolute rubbish to suggest that Peel was needed to keep those boys in football as they would have easily played for SF or whichever WAFL club the region was aligned to at the time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArkRoyal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Beasley Hutton.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123385

• ArkRoyal
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1215
BH: I re-call all of those players from both Subi and and SF; it was right that thy gave the region to the red and whites. Greg Kelly was one of my favourite players; that is another reason why I oppossed the introduction of Peel into the competition, because, culubs, such as, South, sufferred more than others. It was grossly unfair and clubs, such as Subiaco, should not have votted for it for that reason alone.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123389

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: It was vital that Peel come into the competition because all the talent in the Peel region would drift away from footy if there was no side based I n Mandurah. The recruitment of Daniel Wells a few years after Peel came in PROVED this. Of course the talent in the Peel region now needs to be crammed in to the one or two spots available after the Dockers players and various recruits fill their spots but Peel is clearly still playing a VITAL role consistent with the Commission's original justification.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Could you please enumerate the benefits that have been accrued from having Peel in the competition? Also, could you please enumerate the downside of having Peel in the competition?

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123468

• Harryafl
  • Thank you received: 7
Surprised you say that Stan Magro was from the Peel area always thought he was a Hilton Park or Spearwood local junior and one of the best ever to come out of the state managing to play seniors before he turned 16.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123487

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
Oh dear, I may have been misunderstood.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123495

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: Oh dear, I may have been misunderstood.

How?

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123500

• Stand the Test
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 318
I was being sarcastic about the reasons given for Peel's introduction to the WAFL and how with the alignment they now count for nothing but I think some people may have thought I thought Peel were credible football club.

Swans V Peelmantle down at Antartic park 6 years 11 months ago #123508

• swan42
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Stand the Test wrote: I was being sarcastic about the reasons given for Peel's introduction to the WAFL and how with the alignment they now count for nothing but I think some people may have thought I thought Peel were credible football club.

Accepted;however, I would suggest that the Peel Football Club were ever legitimate or credible.

Moderators: Beasley Hutton

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 442 guests and 6 members online

• Success Hill
  • Quackhead
  • Southerner
  • Blackduck
  • GarlicBreath

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma