Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122895

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146

Dirty Weekender wrote: A small one here Admin but as a moderator the reply topic and delete topic button are a whisker's breath away from each other especially when using smart phone and Ipad. Any chance you can separate these buttons. As you are aware i have mistakenly hit delete topic button a few times accidentally.

As for the advertising so be it. If that's what is required to keep the site up and running then I support it. A necessary evil for the greater good.

I agree with you DW, actually the delete button is available to any member and I've been caught out a few times accidentally hitting the delete button myself. I will ask the software experts doing the upgrade to see if it can change or, there needs to be a prompt to ask you if you are sure you want to delete this post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122898

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 373

OzFooty Admin wrote:

Dirty Weekender wrote: A small one here Admin but as a moderator the reply topic and delete topic button are a whisker's breath away from each other especially when using smart phone and Ipad. Any chance you can separate these buttons. As you are aware i have mistakenly hit delete topic button a few times accidentally.

As for the advertising so be it. If that's what is required to keep the site up and running then I support it. A necessary evil for the greater good.

I agree with you DW, actually the delete button is available to any member and I've been caught out a few times accidentally hitting the delete button myself. I will ask the software experts doing the upgrade to see if it can change or, there needs to be a prompt to ask you if you are sure you want to delete this post.

A prompt would be great. Thanks

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122940

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
No problems with the advertising Admin. You have to get a return on your investment somehow and as you said its either advertising or subscriptions for members. I think longer term members like myself are very grateful that you stepped in when the site looked like it was going to be closed so I am comfortable that any changes that you make are in the best interests of the site.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122941

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
I for one, would pay a subscription to keep this site advertisement free. OzFooty being one of the rare sites people can visit without all the crap.
Was only saying.
Don’t panic OFA. I realise if that is the only option available, and no other ideas can be found, so be it I suppose.
Not having a go at anyone because I’m not here for that.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #122947

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Hi Admin

I find the site pretty good in current form.

Perhaps a few suggestions,

1. Replace "thank you" with "like".
2. Over seas access , I can never get it on holidays, but understand why.
3. There are a few thread that seem to double up, General News, The Bar , Breaking News etc, maybe consolidate them into General Chat ( footy) General Chat ( non footy).

Last edit: by Bazza.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #123418

• OzFooty
  • OzFooty's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 146
Thank you for the feedback and suggestions, definitely will be a like/dislike button, am fairly comfortable with the different categories at the top which allows for other football or non football discussion. However there will be some layout changes coming and tidy up some of the links that currently do nothing.

I am also looking at running a WAFL and AFL tipping competition that will have a link to Ozfooty. Nobody needs to run it. Just create your username and the results and ladder will calculate automatically.

Last edit: by OzFooty.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #123419

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 355
A Wafl tipping comp sounds a good idea.

Changes Coming 6 years 10 months ago #123521

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 144

OzFooty Admin wrote:

Mr AFL wrote: It's only minor but on the private messages the time is never right.

Check what time zone you have set I think the default is Sydney time, you can change it in your profile settings?

Thanks for that. I have checked and it was all ready on Perth time. It looks like it is between 10-13 hours behind.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 311 guests and 2 members online

• Demons Forever
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL