Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97474

• astro
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 45
Keitel and Higgins are both proving to be exceptional players at their new clubs and both left because of the alignment. Look my point is keep breeding these colts players and the other clubs will pick them off. The players themselves can see that

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97485

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 78
Of those players BH only Clutterbuck left after the alignment. Some you mentioned left years prior. As with most discussions on here facts are a bonus. Are Slater and Wityk in Swans best 22, if so which Swans kids would you dump. Higgins is a battler at best a great guy but no Paul Johnson. Keitel was told he would play key forward with Smith crippled. But WP and his parents convinced him to go for his AFL prospects to be enhanced. That went up in smoke because he went backwards not forwards.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97494

• Grump
  • Grump's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 381

Beasley Hutton wrote:

astro wrote: Keitel,Shannahan, Higgins not to mention the plethora of retirements in season 1 of the alignment

Plus Clutterbuck, Brookes, Shepheard, McKenzie.
Also interestingly Wityk & Slater despite not cementing a regular spot in our side as yet have both played more League at SD in 1 & 1/2 years then they did in twice that amount of time at EP and with an average 15 or so Eagles running around each week they would have had little to no chance of playing any League if they stayed at WART considering they have to fit in the likes of Wulff, Anderson, Payne, Moss (all when not injured), Johnson, Fraser, Oakley-Nicholls, Blee et al who are on big WAFL $$$$$!

Brookes is a very player and has struggled, Freddie had a poor season by his own admission and sought a different club, alignment was a factor but not the only one, Shepheard left a long time before and left when he was delisted by the dorkers, Mckenzie lwft before and went to the NT and is still at best a c grade player.

Steven is a good player who knew he would struggle un the alignment, slater was and still is an average player who worked out that he would do better at swans but still is not a regular player.

It is all well and good throwing crap at the alignment, you know or should know my opinion abt it but the fact remains it has not caused the great exodus that rocket boy keeps suggesting.

As for the boy he is still just an average person, his football may have improved but his attitude, demeanour and presence will always be the same all about him!
We live in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97498

• chaddy22
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 137

Beasley Hutton wrote:

astro wrote: Keitel,Shannahan, Higgins not to mention the plethora of retirements in season 1 of the alignment

Plus Clutterbuck, Brookes, Shepheard, McKenzie.
Also interestingly Wityk & Slater despite not cementing a regular spot in our side as yet have both played more League at SD in 1 & 1/2 years then they did in twice that amount of time at EP and with an average 15 or so Eagles running around each week they would have had little to no chance of playing any League if they stayed at WART considering they have to fit in the likes of Wulff, Anderson, Payne, Moss (all when not injured), Johnson, Fraser, Oakley-Nicholls, Blee et al who are on big WAFL $$$$$!

Yes Wityk, Slater Kalameris and Ipsen have made a big impact at swans.Seriously how has Wityk played more games at swans. Wityk made his debut in 2014 and played three league and one foxtell games at East Perth. He played two games last year for the swans and one this year in what must be one of the worst swannies teams in about fifty years.As for Slater he made his debut at east perth in 2014 and only played one game but he is struggling at the swannies playing six games last year and 11 reserves games this year. With 22 league positions to field and one that is underperforming if you can't make the swans league teams yes you will unlikely make the East Perth team if you had stayed.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97500

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
The names you could throw up as leaving because of the coming alignment that would have more validity. Sweet, Maldenis, Grover and Kelly spring to mind. These guys did jump but have gone to play various low level competitions. These guys had more talent probably than the guys that left later to various WAFL reserves teams. But I wasn't sad to see them go because they had opportunities and in most cases cracked on the big occasions.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97502

• terror
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 30
It's the players like Chatley, Omodei, Young & Perkins that should all be playing league footy but just don't have the opportunity..& how many have thought about joining EP from their zone & thought its just not worth it because "I will be fighting for 7-8 spots each week instead of 22".. You do not develop playing reserves football..

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97516

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
That is a point Terror I agree with you. But I don't agree with your list of players. Omodei perhaps but players such as Gorter and Hodgson more so. Chatley just beginning to find form, Young not close to ready and Perko is a reserves fringe player. Thanks for your interest though.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97517

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
I guess one way at looking at it at least these boys had reason to want to move on from EP.......tell me the reasons why the likes of Houghton, Nelson, Elari, Anderson, Newman and Ridley have all left their club again?....every club loses players year in year out, yeah EP will always lose a few more because of their current situation, but not every EP player movement surely is related to the alignment.....

Like was larry points out, of those who do leave EP, not many of them are killing it else where are they?....it's life it's footy....not everything revolves around the alignment....

Last edit: by Freezin.

Despite the loss in the colts 7 years 9 months ago #97521

• Larry Bird
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Pretty much spot on with my feelings Freezin. I dislike the alignment more and more each year but let's keep it real. Disgruntled parents of former players should stop blaming the alignment for the kids lack of success, at EP or anywhere else.

• Page:
Moderators: royallucky

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 380 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes