Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #111979

• BC
  • Thank you received: 1547
ok...thanks mate. he can't be far way from full training as it's been a year.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112268

• BC
any more news for pre-season? Buddy Boy, Singha, anyone?

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112282

• Lions Den
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27

BC wrote: any more news for pre-season? Buddy Boy, Singha, anyone?

Article went up on the club website today.

"Two intra-club games will be played in February along with pre-season games to prepare for the season. These fixtures will be added and promoted when confirmed."

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112284

• Mudlark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
No news BC but I have a few questions for the upcoming season and would be interested to hear your and others thoughts.Presuming Shep doesn't play,who plays goal sneak?I'm thinking Sokol or maybe Stevenson.Another question,where does Schoey play Litherland,given our key defenders are Lockyer and Jackson who play their possies well?Any thoughts?

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112302

• BC
yep...all good questions Mudlark. we do have an embarrassment of tall defenders when you add Heal and Stevo to Lockyer, Jackson, Litherland and co. Up forward we'll have clanger, Dela, Halligan, Ryan, Sokol, maybe Sean Bradley and with a bit of luck Shane Yarran...but agree the loss of Shep leaves us a bit short of a tall target in the front half.

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112307

• Lions Den
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 27

Mudlark wrote: No news BC but I have a few questions for the upcoming season and would be interested to hear your and others thoughts.Presuming Shep doesn't play,who plays goal sneak?I'm thinking Sokol or maybe Stevenson.Another question,where does Schoey play Litherland,given our key defenders are Lockyer and Jackson who play their possies well?Any thoughts?

I see Lockyer, Heal and Jackson as the best tall defence in the WAFL, meaning there is scope to play Litherland anywhere we wish. Personally, given his sensational endurance and handy leg speed I would like to see him played as a big-bodied midfielder. At 192cm he is the same height as the likes of David Mundy and Marcus Bontempelli.

As for tall options down forward, we'll always have one of Clancy and Dela down there, plus I think Stevo showed a lot down there towards the end of last season, as he was before doing his 2nd ACL. I also think Rowen Powell is going to have to be an option down there as well. I guess if you spend 10 points on someone you're obviously expecting that they will be playing a significant role. Sokol also capable of playing as a 3rd tall.

Player Movement 2017 7 years 3 months ago #112316

• Mudlark
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
I am pretty sure Schoey would have planned on having both Shep and Broughton in his team for 2017.i like the idea of Litherland playing as a big mid to replace Broughton in that role.Keep in mind we already have to replace another quality mid in Robbo,so the midfield needs looking at.It will be interesting to see if Walters and Bogensperger can step up in this area.Powell is another interesting one ,does he play as a mid or as a key forward as LD mentioned?I guess training routines could help answer some of these questions.Maybe somebody who looks at pre season could let us know more.

Player Movement 2017 7 years 2 months ago #112594

• BC
the around the club update on Subi's website doesn't mention player movements both in or out so none the wiser unfortunately.

Player Movement 2017 7 years 2 months ago #112596

• Senior Seagull
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 840
Might have to see if I can rattle Charlies cage, he's usually at all Subi's training sessions and will know exactly who's here and who's gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DG, Lions Den

Player Movement 2017 7 years 2 months ago #112885

• BC
I emailed the club yesterday and asked they put something up on the website outlining "in's and out's" to this years squad. It'll be interesting to see what if anything they do.

Moderators: BC

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 644 guests and one member online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020