Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #111957

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Beasley Hutton wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Grassy wrote: Swan,is Craig Gabriel on 7's Tennis Coverage by any chance?

If ever there was an Absolute Apologist for that GOOSE Kyrgios,He Is It!

Whenever I hear him on PR,he is always defending him and he was at it again today,complaining about how people had short memories,about I other temperamental Tennis Players,who went on to become Grand Slam Champions.

Actually Craig,sports fans have quite long memories about Hewitt,Cash,McEnroe for starters.All won Grand Slam Championships or at least one.But at some point in their career,they acted like Spoilt Brats!

Kyrgios is no different and he seems determined to take things to new lows.Stop Defending the Indefensible Craig!You are doing him ZERO favours with any advice you might give him as a personal friend,because as good as his Tennis Ability might be,he continues to find ways to shoot himself in the foot and lower himself in the eyes of the Australian Public,let alone sporting public.

And don't give us any Rubbish about the Fanatics being right behind him,as they are not only one eyed,they are deadset blind as bats to their heroes' antics. :woohoo:

Grassy I didn't hear Gabriel's comments about Kyrgios; but what I will say, and in no way am I defending some of Kyrgios's behaviour, there is a degree of rank hypocrisy regarding some of the media commentary in criticising his behaviour. Of particular note is those commentators who criticise Kyrgios and are so effusive in their praise of the Australian cricketers. The same cricket team that in general in the past 20 odd years have been appalling in the sledging and poor behaviour.

I would also suggest that they have a look at Sam Groth's last game in his last match and compare nad contrast with their criticism of Kyrgios and Tomic. I also suggest that they have a long hard look at how and what Andy Murray does in his matches NOW and compare and contrast with their comments about Kyrgios.

To reiterate I am not suggesting that on occasions that Kyrgios's behaviour is acceptable; but the key is to see whether there is a continuing trend towards improved behaviour. I believe over a period of time that there will be an improvement.

Finally if you are going to compare Kyrgios's behaviour with that of John McEnroe's behaviour there is no question that McEnroe's behaviour was by far and away much more unacceptable.

42 please do not ever put the Australian cricket team and some numpty tennis hack in the same sentence ever again!
One side has delivered 5 World Cup wins, been world number 1 many times over in the last 20 years, despite being outplayed at times has always tried to the very end and has the respect of the cricket world etc whilst the other side of the equation has achieved absolutely stuff all, made an absolute goose of himself too many times to remember and most embarrassingly has given up numerous times in matches when it all got a bit too hard!

BH put simply: the Australian Cricket team's behaviour over the past 20 odd years has been appalling. Winning by no means excuses their behaviour. I would be hard pressed to name one long term member of the Australian cricket team in the past 20 years that could be used by coaches of junior cricket teams as role models unless the role is one of a boorish cricket player.

I would also question the "respect of the cricket world". I would point out also that Nick Kyrgios's current ranking is exceptional in the context of today's tennis rankings.

42 It doesn't say much for the sport of tennis if a buffoon like that who gives up in games at the drop of a hat can be ranked in the top 30!

BH if you would like me to explain how the rankings are determined I will gladly explain it to you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #111963

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874

Grassy wrote: His Potential and ability is not in Question.

His Temperment and Conduct IS!

He is a doubtfull starter for the Australian Open anyway,unless he plans to make his injury Worse and put himself out of action for a year.

We can all only hope mate!

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #112108

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2874
How well is Kygrios going in the AO 42?

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #112109

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Beasley Hutton wrote: How well is Kygrios going in the AO 42?

As well as John Isner's AO. More generally: as well as 31 others and better than 64

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #112177

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Oh Dear Nick!Oh Dear!

Same old Nick.Plenty of potential,going hand in hand,with the same old Carry on.

And the same old excuses provided by his apologists for his Meltdown!

You have a Very Long Way to go!

The spotlight didn't come from Social Media,Lleyton.

He was playing in a Grand Slam Tournament,which has the Attention of the Entire Tennis World.Has done for years,without Social Media coming into it.But I'm sorry,that's how Nick corresponds isn't it?That is,instead of worrying about the job at hand.Worse still,in your Home Grand Slam.

Time to take time off,take stock and Grow Up,Nick!

Grassy perhaps you might to outline whether Andreas Seppi has beaten any high profile players in the past?

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #112193

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Seriously Swan,apart from the absolute Tennis Devotee,do you think Australians lie awake at night,thinking long and hard about Seppi's Career?

We are waiting to see if "a kid with Potential" can combine good tennis,with good temperment.Never mind anyone else right now,he is a very long way from it,don't you think?

With respect to the Australian public perhaps not. However and it may be foolish to expect it, I do think supposed journalists should be aware of same.

Congratulations Roger Rasheed 7 years 3 months ago #112263

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Grassy wrote: Yeah.

Seppi's advanced one round further,with a few extra $Grand to enjoy.

Haven't heard that Stout Defender of Kyrgios in Craig Gabriel lately,but I reckon even he must draw a line on the poor behaviour of his personal friend.

Unless he us playing Doubles,it is High Time Nick Kyrgios sat down and thought long and hard about where he is heading on a Professional and personal level.And rest his dodgy knee for 4 - 6 weeks.

Plenty of time to prepare for Roland Garos.

He has a Davis Cup tie coming up soon to prepare for Grassy.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 631 guests and 3 members online

• Whitey
  • Big Blue
  • Ti Em

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020