Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75627

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
Thank fark, did the right thing by the party and left, should of been a week or 2 ago, but not bad never the less.

Give Phil Ruddock the job and lets get back to the important stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75644

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
No Bazz, he's had his snout in the trough sponging off taxpayers for far too l o n g. The whole bloody system needs radically changing. No point giving one numpty the flick, only to replace it with another! Bit of a wasted exercise I would have thought?

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75658

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
And another part of the problem lays squarely with the tax payers - for letting them get away with it!

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75662

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

westaussieguy wrote: No Bazz, he's had his snout in the trough sponging off taxpayers for far too l o n g. The whole bloody system needs radically changing. No point giving one numpty the flick, only to replace it with another! Bit of a wasted exercise I would have thought?

One of the more ethical operators I would of thought, anyway there are a few others.
to chose from.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75663

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote: I must have missed all the criticism of B Bishop's performance from my fellow Oz Footy posters. Where has been the outrage following the revelations of Choppergate? Where has been the outrage regarding her blatant partisan behaviour as speaker of the House of Representatives? Where is the vitriol over her behaviour compared to that expressed concerning Peter Slipper?

The exquisite irony which has forced B Bishop to resign is that if she hadn't been so blatently biased when she was in the Speaker's Chair she may have been able to apologise and remain as Speaker. One can only hope that the Liberal Party will realise the immense damage she has caused the Australian Parliament whilst she was Speaker. The other person who has been severely damaged from this fiasco is T Abbott. He was incapable of accepting that B Bishop's position was untenable from the very beginning and his refusal to state that she had lost the confidence of the Australian people and should tender her rsignation reflects so badly on his leadership.

Not sure mate, probably the same place as your outrage when Wayne Swan took a VIP jet with his kid to the AFL GF.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75703

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Bazza wrote:

westaussieguy wrote: No Bazz, he's had his snout in the trough sponging off taxpayers for far too l o n g. The whole bloody system needs radically changing. No point giving one numpty the flick, only to replace it with another! Bit of a wasted exercise I would have thought?

One of the more ethical operators I would of thought

No worries Bazza, understand what you're saying there.

Would be very interesting to find out the actual total expenditure of the ex- speaker the tax payers have had to pay.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75721

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote: I must have missed all the criticism of B Bishop's performance from my fellow Oz Footy posters. Where has been the outrage following the revelations of Choppergate? Where has been the outrage regarding her blatant partisan behaviour as speaker of the House of Representatives? Where is the vitriol over her behaviour compared to that expressed concerning Peter Slipper?

The exquisite irony which has forced B Bishop to resign is that if she hadn't been so blatently biased when she was in the Speaker's Chair she may have been able to apologise and remain as Speaker. One can only hope that the Liberal Party will realise the immense damage she has caused the Australian Parliament whilst she was Speaker. The other person who has been severely damaged from this fiasco is T Abbott. He was incapable of accepting that B Bishop's position was untenable from the very beginning and his refusal to state that she had lost the confidence of the Australian people and should tender her rsignation reflects so badly on his leadership.

Not sure mate, probably the same place as your outrage when Wayne Swan took a VIP jet with his kid to the AFL GF.

If she hadn't been so disgraceful as the Speaker during the term of this Government she may have had a chance to survive with a sincere apology. She was so blatantly biased as Speaker; the complete antithesis of what a Speaker should be in the Westminster system. One can only hope that she has the intestinal fortitude to attend the first and second session of the House of Reps and at the earliest opportunity, which should be on the second day, to apologise for her appalling behaviour as Speaker and announce her resignation from her seat.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75730

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote:

If she hadn't been so disgraceful as the Speaker during the term of this Government she may have had a chance to survive with a sincere apology. She was so blatantly biased as Speaker; the complete antithesis of what a Speaker should be in the Westminster system. One can only hope that she has the intestinal fortitude to attend the first and second session of the House of Reps and at the earliest opportunity, which should be on the second day, to apologise for her appalling behaviour as Speaker and announce her resignation from her seat.

How's Burkies trip to Ayres rock going? took the entire family on a free for all.just goes on and on Swanie, bit of a pandoras box for mine.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75742

• swan42
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

Bazza wrote:

swan42 wrote:

Bazza wrote:

How's Burkies trip to Ayres rock going? took the entire family on a free for all.just goes on and on Swanie, bit of a pandoras box for mine.

Bazza I have never said that the ALP politicians were blameless when it comers to claiming expenses. What I said was that if B BIshop hadn't been so blatantly partisan in the Speaker's Chair she would have been anle to survive. Try not to deflect from how badly she performed as Speaker and who was responsible for putting her there.

Bronwyn Bishop has finally GONE 8 years 8 months ago #75748

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Bloody hell!! Here we go again.
MP Tony Burke should be considering his own position, after questions were raised about his travel expenses claims to central Australia. He also charged tax payers to attend a pop concert in 2014, a local radio station reported.
Questions have also been raised over a week-long overseas trip to Europe by Mr Burke, during his time as environment minister, where his expenses averaged $10,000 a day.

Last edit: by westaussieguy. Reason: Correction to spelling

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 528 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020