Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #107958

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I think English would be best for us long term, if still available at 7. If not Logue would be my next choice. Logue is pretty much ready to play but English obviously will take a couple of years, but he has a very impressive leap, exceptional kicking for his size and takes a good mark. Needs to put on a lot of weight. Freo must make another ruckman a prioty as Sandi is almost done and Clarke just hasn't come on as we all may have thought he would.

* Michael Barlow has just announced he has been delisted by Freo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by JB.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #107960

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

JB wrote: I think English would be best for us long term, if still available at 7. If not Logue would be my next choice. Logue is pretty much ready to play but English obviously will take a couple of years, but he has a very impressive leap, exceptional kicking for his size and takes a good mark. Needs to put on a lot of weight. Freo must make another ruckman a prioty as Sandi is almost done and Clarke just hasn't come on as we all may have thought he would.

* Michael Barlow has just announced he has been delisted by Freo.

Footy sure can be brutal at times

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #107975

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I wouldn't be taking a gamble on a ruckman at pick 7 he's no Nicnat , can pick up a ruckman in the second or third round, Griffin hasn't been delisted and If rumours a true Clarke is about to re sign with Sandi that's more than enough for now I would be having a crack at Marshall, Taranto or Petrovski/Seton.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #107987

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
From PN:

I wouldn't be taking a gamble on a ruckman at pick 7 he's no Nicnat , can pick up a ruckman in the second or third round, Griffin hasn't been delisted and If rumours a true Clarke is about to re sign with Sandi that's more than enough for now I would be having a crack at Marshall, Taranto or Petrovski/Seton.

The problem with the ruck we have now is: Griffen a hack at best
Clarke very disappointing and going nowhere
Sandilands almost done.
I know its a bit unusual to pick up ruckmen early but this kid looks like going somewhere and Freo aren't going to win a flag in the next few years, so get him in now and develope a long term ruckman because we dont have much now and nothing to develope. Marshall does look good I must admit. I would like them to try and get local guys first if possible.

Last edit: by JB.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #107995

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Silvagni is a bit of a puzzle and I am starting to think he is staying. If they are planning to keep him it would be because there are serious doubts about Johnson. Would be no surprise there.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #108000

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

JB wrote: Silvagni is a bit of a puzzle and I am starting to think he is staying. If they are planning to keep him it would be because there are serious doubts about Johnson. Would be no surprise there.

He's in Hawaii atm on his honey moon, probably waiting for him to come back either way to receive good or bad news.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #108493

• Mr AFL
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
Sam Baulderstone from the SANFL might be a good option for the ruck.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #108496

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I agree, certainly worth a look. Watched a video of him in the SANFL. Remarkable kicking skills for a big guy. At 113 kg he is probably 10 kg overweight so he would need a bit of work but as you say worth a look.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #109189

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1358
That would be Andrew McDougall former Perth/Eagle finished his career with Subi.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Who to pick in draft 7 years 5 months ago #109211

• JB
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I initially thought English would be best for Freo and he still might be, but I really like Logue, he could play straight away has good size, mobility and skills. Either one I'm happy.

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 458 guests and 2 members online

• Success Hill
  • Frothy

Newest Footy Recruits

• Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977
  • MrBulldog2020
  • MrBulldog