Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107091

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1327
One of the first trades to be done on Monday looks like H Ballantine.According to K Hagdawn he will be an Eagle by Monday night.The Eagles have been looking for this type of player for a long time now.Most Eagles fans will not be happy but me thinks hes a really good fit at West Coast.So does Simmo and a lot of the other coaches at WCE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107092

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
O.K. Thanks AFL for clearing that up, dont really care where the 2nd round pick comes from as long as we get it.

Last edit: by JB.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107093

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
One of the first trades to be done on Monday looks like H Ballantine.According to K Hagdawn he will be an Eagle by Monday night.The Eagles have been looking for this type of player for a long time now.Most Eagles fans will not be happy but me thinks hes a really good fit at West Coast.So does Simmo and a lot of the other coaches at WCE.

Yes this will be an interesting pick this one. Does he get his 3 year deal or less. He wanted 3 years at Freo and was offered 1. For me there is a big risk with Balla, for his sake I hope he goes well and he is a good fit for them, however his best is probably past him now and he has been such a warrior that injuries could also be a problem.
Hope it all works out for him and we get something good in return.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107094

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
JB i did hear someone say that HB is so bashed around by the way he plays the game.A few more big knocks and that will be it for him.Im sure the Eagles medical staff will look at that and other factors when coming to a contract arrangment with HB.

Last edit: by gtrxuone. Reason: missed a bit

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107137

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

gtrxuone wrote: One of the first trades to be done on Monday looks like H Ballantine.According to K Hagdawn he will be an Eagle by Monday night.The Eagles have been looking for this type of player for a long time now.Most Eagles fans will not be happy but me thinks hes a really good fit at West Coast.So does Simmo and a lot of the other coaches at WCE.

The Eagles could certainly do with someone to fire them up and get under the oppositions skin. That can work both ways of course but he's a hard little bugger. One of the best tackles he ever laid was a bump on big Buddy in the GF. It was right below me, Ballas came in off the long run in a 50/50 contest and gave Buddy a shit mixer. Ballas carried on while Buddy took a while to get up like a heavyweight that's just been knocked down. Buddy got up at about the count of 8 and was sucking in the big ones for a while after that.

I wish him all the best and thanks Ballas for the memories. A match up between him and Lee Spurr will be worth watching. I'm sure there will be a fair few tummy punches thrown. I reckon it will be on from the first bounce.
Get on your bike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gtrxuone

Last edit: by DD.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107138

• gtrxuone
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Hes a piece of work Ballantine DD,fearless.Would of loved to of seen that live.
Hagdawn change his mind on the timing of the Ballantine trade last night.He said the Eagles offered a 3rd round trade and Freo want a 2nd round trade.So maby hes going nowhere or not to West Coast.To my knowlege HB doesnt want to go east which makes WCE the only real option.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107142

• JB
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Second round pick would be fantastic, but WC wouldnt be that silly would they?

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107144

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

JB wrote: Second round pick would be fantastic, but WC wouldnt be that silly would they?

Straight swap for Darling and we will throw in a third rounder. But Darling better start sprinkling cement on his cornflakes to prepare for Ross Lyon.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107155

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: The electricity bill would be far too high if we get Darling.

Sorry anchor, but I don't get that one??
I do know however, you'd be one that got an old man's woody on if you got Darling. Hopefully he's an untouchable for the Eagles - he's got more to offer.
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Fyfe,Delistings,Trades... 7 years 5 months ago #107236

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2007
This will be an interesting trade period for the Dockers. A lot of names being thrown around including Kersten, Mccarthy, Hamling and Black but to get some of these guys the Dockers have to give away a bit. Assuming they don't want to give away their 1st round draft pick, which they would be silly to do given the high quality of the top end of this draft, the next pick they have is in the 3rd round. If they are lucky they may get a 2nd round pick for Mayne and they could on trade that for one of the above players. They also have Ballantyne, Barlow and maybe a few others as trade bait but they will need some skilled negotiation over the next week to land the players that they want.

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 422 guests and 3 members online

• Royals78
  • Mr AFL
  • Swedgen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma