Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70338

• shwaborn
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Eagles'll smash 'em!
:-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70340

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162

jardine wrote: I cant see them losing a game at the moment. They have been challenged seriously twice, but they flick on a switch and get the job done like good sides do. They are a cut above everyone and even this far out, the question is who will play them in the grand final?

There are only 2, Swans or Hawks, forget the rest, its a pretty weak year competition wise, god knows what has happened to Port, Collingwood are a joke, Bulldogs GWS a bit the same, all the rest stocking fillers.

Freo will have the team and the motivation to win the GF this year, Hawks and Swans have been there and done it and for mine not really convincing in the desire stakes this year.

Last edit: by Bazza.

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70352

• 58shark
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 553

anchorman wrote: Geez Bazza, what is going on!!! That is two posts where you have been kind to Fremantle. Mellowing in your old age?
Not sure about you statement about desire though. I would have thought that the new kids on the block from both sides would have something to say about wanting to win a flag.
It is only a weak year because of the way the draw has been made. I think you may find that a few will make the eight but not play much of a role in the finals.
Some have easy draws.

Bloody hell anchor, looks like the old bazza is jumping off the swans and onto freo :woohoo:
2x25= Seinor and Michael = 1xBrian Peake

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70745

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Well unless there is a massive comeback it looks like it is tonight. Goes to show that if a team is 1% off anyone can beat you. Tigers have been excellent but doing a lot of stuff under little pressure. The defeat the Dockers had to have?

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70761

• jardine
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

mikeh wrote: Well unless there is a massive comeback it looks like it is tonight. Goes to show that if a team is 1% off anyone can beat you. Tigers have been excellent but doing a lot of stuff under little pressure. The defeat the Dockers had to have?

Richmond beat them at their own game. First half they murdered freo.
It was a fantastic effort by the tigers, brilliant win.
Ross didn't look too worried, but disappointed for sure. The season is a marathon not a sprint, and he knows it.

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70816

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

anchorman wrote: A very good win by the Tigers. They out ran us basically all night. So much free space and time.
They came here with a plan to stop us and it worked in spades. They allowed us first grab at the ball at contests and then attacked the ball and man in packs. Then they stole the ball and from their out played us.
Not many agree but I thought for all night effort Hayden Ballantyne was our best player. He never stopped running tackling winning hard balls.
Barlow as also an all night tryer, as was Neale.
McPharlin was once again more than steady in the back line with out much help I thought. The loss of Johnson early was a blow, but the game was almost gone by then any way.
I think Lyon had conceded that the game was over just before 3/4 time. He played Sandilands as a forward and allowed Zac Clarke to ruck full time for experience.
Our delivery into the forward line was disastrous all night.
Also the over head marking of Sandlilands, Clarke Taberner and Pavlich was horrendous. they dropped so many it became a bonus when one of them held a grab.
A mere trip on the journey, it was thing that was going to happen at some time, just would have preferred it if it wasn't at home.

Hey A/man what did you think of the bronx cheers given to the club champion Pav when he took the mark in the last quarter??

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70817

• Peter North
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

UNKA2 wrote:

anchorman wrote: A very good win by the Tigers. They out ran us basically all night. So much free space and time.
They came here with a plan to stop us and it worked in spades. They allowed us first grab at the ball at contests and then attacked the ball and man in packs. Then they stole the ball and from their out played us.
Not many agree but I thought for all night effort Hayden Ballantyne was our best player. He never stopped running tackling winning hard balls.
McPharlin was once again more than steady in the back line with out much help I thought. The loss of Johnson early was a blow, but the game was almost gone by then any way.
I think Lyon had conceded that the game was over just before 3/4 time. He played Sandilands as a forward and allowed Zac Clarke to ruck full time for experience.
Also the over head marking of Sandlilands, Clarke Taberner and Pavlich was horrendous. they dropped so many it became a bonus when one of them held a grab.
A mere trip on the journey, it was thing that was going to happen at some time, just would have preferred it if it wasn't at home.

Hey A/man what did you think of the bronx cheers given to the club champion Pav when he took the mark in the last quarter??

Yeah I heard it, From where I was sitting it came from the city end of the ground behind the goals there's only one group of supporters that sit there during Freo home games.

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70818

• Time For a Flag
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • The VFL is not the AFL
  • Thank you received: 133
Exactly right PN Away supporters
Victorians still laugh at West Aussies because of the way we bailed out the vfl and then allowed it to be called it the AFL!

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70828

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

anchorman wrote: I have to admit that I didn't hear it as I am at the opposite end of the ground, the Subiaco end.
But as has been said that area at the city end was full of Richmond supporters. Always the opposition supporters at that end.
But hey they paid their money, they are entitled to I think. Same as Adam Goodes thing.
I am sure that they would have been a very happy lot down that part of the ground.

Fair call

Where do Freo lose? 8 years 10 months ago #70841

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015

There's no need for any panic. One team was totally switched on and the other wasn't. Better to have a performance like this now rather than in round 20. I'm sure some of the guys who played in that fantastic game at Mandurah yesterday will be pushing for selection next week ( Mzungu, De Boer, Blakley and Hannath)

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 337 guests and 3 members online

• one time only

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL
  • Duncs1977