Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108072

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1357
So if you had a business and were receiving hoax calls, telemarketers every day etc would you close your business or take measures to stop it? The bombardment of spam on Footygoss only occurred in the last year or so. Happened to Waflonline also but they cleaned it up and made changes. It was a club official who got that site closed down.
Get on your bike.
It was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by DD.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108073

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
I just can't help but think about this song when I read the forum title haha

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108074

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154

Leedy wrote:

Unholytugboat wrote: Anyone know who has departed the falcons? Kerr obviously, any more?

Correct, Kerr, Tedesco, Manzone all retired. We do have a power forward signing that has not been released as yet, as most WAFL clubs are currently, we are speaking to a number of players as advertised in the paper in Ruddoch and Anstey from Swans apparently.

Cool thanks for the update Leedy..

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108076

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547

DD wrote: So if you had a business and were receiving hoax calls, telemarketers every day etc would you close your business or take measures to stop it? The bombardment of spam on Footygoss only occurred in the last year or so. Happened to Waflonline also but they cleaned it up and made changes. It was a club official who got that site closed down.

the bombardment started before that but initially was in volumes that were manageable by the mods who were going on daily to clean it up. after a while it was total chaos and I recall some posters myself included offering to contribute to anti-spam software and the like...but guess it got too hard in the end. there was some vigorous debate at times and some were banned like our mate gremar, another idiot called yakuza, there were a few others banned but generally it was handled by the posters concerned without big brother lording over the place or individual board "prefects" subjectively deciding what is suitable and what is not....anyway...this is a good site and we must play by the rules set out by the owner if it's to stay open which is his call and fair enough.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DD

Last edit: by BC.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108079

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
Agree with your last few lines BC. I was a victim on that other site I don't wish to rehash over. The main problem with banter getting out of hand is the discussion ends up nothing to do with the subject. Probably a bit like we are doing here on the WP board lol. I reckon any new member coming onto the site would be put off with a lot of the crap that gets written that is totally off topic.
Get on your bike.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108082

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1547
yep...we finally agree on something DD...although I don't think it's a big deal to meander around and go off topic because that tends to permeate into other discussions which might not be relevant to the original thread but are interesting nonetheless. I don't think anyone wants a sterile environment where posters are too concerned about getting deleted or worse if they go off topic or do a bit of chit stirring....it's a footy chat site and the very nature of the beast encourages not necessarily an adversarial flavour but certainly one where views and opinions will clash...and so it should.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108083

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
What's happening again I agree 100% but some individuals take it too far where it just becomes repetitive rubbish.
Get on your bike.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108119

• Mr AFL
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 145
West Perth have signed former Geelong tall Scott Simpson.

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108123

• Falcon
  • Thank you received: 154

Mr AFL wrote: West Perth have signed former Geelong tall Scott Simpson.

A tall marking forward sounds good, welcome to the nest :cheer:

Hello,anybody there? 7 years 5 months ago #108128

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 924
196cm is more than handy up front for you guys......if on song or half decent he will definitely help Lourey and Duffy up front.

Moderators: Falcon

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 400 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes
  • Lost WAFL