Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

List 7 years 9 months ago #95494

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 920
LOL BH.....with my current memory mate seems like somedays I too donned the pads around the same time as young Clem Hill!

Apologies 30+.....Clem Smith is the indeed the fella I am referring to.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95502

• smokey
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 213

Grassy wrote: I wouldn't necessarily consider Clem a Monty to return to Lathlain,after one or two things gnawed away at him,before he got drafted.

I'd say we have work to do,to secure his services again.

Doesn't matter what has gone before. If he is delisted and returns to Perth We need to move mountains to ensure he plays in red and black.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95542

• Demons Forever
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 248
Yes as many 1 point ex AFL players as possible are a must.
The Club must overcome what has gone the best it can.
Let's hope the bridge is not entirely demolished.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog.
Winning isn't everything. It's the ONLY THING !!!!!!
I shot the fukin sherriff!!!!

List 7 years 9 months ago #95543

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

smokey wrote:

Grassy wrote: I wouldn't necessarily consider Clem a Monty to return to Lathlain,after one or two things gnawed away at him,before he got drafted.

Doesn't matter what has gone before. If he is delisted and returns to Perth We need to move mountains to ensure he plays in red and black.

I wouldn't be moving mountains Smokey. It seems some of these former AFL listed players think they are something special and take the club for a ride if you get my drift. We want players to come who want to be here otherwise they can piss off and waste someone else's time for all I care.

He is blessed with talent but unfortunately earned a reputation as being a bit of a hard nut and tries to live up to that tag, to the detriment of his football sometimes. I haven't seen him play for Carlton for a while but looked to me not up to AFL fitness standards and hence just off the pace.

The club should be moving mountains to get Brennan Stack to another club in exchange for a handy back up ruckman/forward or key back before the June 30 deadline.
Get on your bike.

Last edit: by DD.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95545

• 30plusyeardrought
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 102
The trouble is we let these good players go and we get other clubs rubbish in return.
Im with Smokey we must go all out to get him if he is delisted.

If you must let them go then get like for like,not a ressies player that we think may come good.
Or get top dollar and recruit a player that is a worthy replacement.

Last edit: by 30plusyeardrought.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95554

• Cesspit
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 118

DD wrote:

smokey wrote:

I wouldn't be moving mountains Smokey. It seems some of these former AFL listed players think they are something special and take the club for a ride if you get my drift. We want players to come who want to be here otherwise they can piss off and waste someone else's time for all I care.

He is blessed with talent but unfortunately earned a reputation as being a bit of a hard nut and tries to live up to that tag, to the detriment of his football sometimes. I haven't seen him play for Carlton for a while but looked to me not up to AFL fitness standards and hence just off the pace.

The club should be moving mountains to get Brennan Stack to another club in exchange for a handy back up ruckman/forward or key back before the June 30 deadline.

Agree DD, with all the injuries to our taller players we desperately need to get some height into the club before June 30th. Stack is probably the only player who may have some currency in the WAFL and we need to exchange him for a versatile tall. Hopefully we can snag a half decent player, and the bonus is we get rid of Stack at last.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95556

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
shouldn't you boys be pumping up Stack a tad more?....you say you want something half decent for a crab.....interesting sales pitch indeed! :P .....

List 7 years 9 months ago #95568

• DD
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1351

Freezin wrote: shouldn't you boys be pumping up Stack a tad more?....you say you want something half decent for a crab.....interesting sales pitch indeed! :P .....

We have Freezin believe me and so have the coaching staff. He's been playing ressies the last 2 or 3 games and is just coasting. Doesn't look like a player who is busting his gut to get back into the league side to help us out. He should be averaging 3 goals a game in the league side.
Get on your bike.

List 7 years 9 months ago #95579

• Worm Burner
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 15
Reckon Tony Lockett would struggle to average 3 a game with the quality of delivery into our forward line!! We know Stack has ability and is just down on confidence as a direct result of being being in arguably the worst forward line in the league. Give him a run in the guts so he can get involved in the game more

List 7 years 9 months ago #95581

• Freezin
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
With the likes of Jones, Jacobs, Tropiano, White and McKenna already there not to sure Stack would even get the chance of touching the footy.....how about a run up back?

Moderators: Dazzler

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 356 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes