Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #101940

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 230
How many?

TOO BLOODY MANY!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #101942

• Leedy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 148

Tiger of old wrote: How many?

TOO BLOODY MANY!

TOG,

I would usually say hard luck but it was a fitting result due to the lop sided free kick count (22-8)and the consistent whinging by the CL players. I was proud of our boys today as they were repeatedly thwarted by the maggots :angry: :angry: :angry:

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #102008

• westaussieguy
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 357
Saw the final score, had to blink, shake the head and look again! That it makes it the eighth very narrow loss for the Tigers this season. Both teams displayed an accuracy rate of over 70%. Claremont having many more ball disposals, but West Perth having the one more scoring shot.

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #102012

• Tiger of old
  • Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 230

Grassy wrote: Interesting scenario that,when you've only been penalised 8 times by the Umps.

Therein lies the problem with Claremont this year.Plenty of talent to burn,should reach the Finals EASY!

The attitude hasn't been right maybe,expecting things to fall into place,such as yesterday.I must admit,whilst I counted on West Perth's Spirit and Tenacity to bounce back,I still thought Claremont were Certainties in All 3 Grades.So did they it seems!

Now,with the League Team out of Finals Contention,where will Waterman and other promoted Colts play from here?League or Colts?My guess us the latter!!!!!

Certainties my arse we were actually outsiders grassy, not too much shame in a one point loss to the Falcons at joondy, unlike Perths loss to the struggling Sharks at Lathlain.
I would think that the club will look to qualify Waterman for the colts finals, unless the Eagles would like to keep him under wraps and not have him on display, they would be very keen to be using their second round pick instead of their first round pick

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #102013

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

Grassy wrote: Interesting scenario that,when you've only been penalised 8 times by the Umps.

Therein lies the problem with Claremont this year.Plenty of talent to burn,should reach the Finals EASY!

The attitude hasn't been right maybe,expecting things to fall into place,such as yesterday.I must admit,whilst I counted on West Perth's Spirit and Tenacity to bounce back,I still thought Claremont were Certainties in All 3 Grades.So did they it seems!

Now,with the League Team out of Finals Contention,where will Waterman and other promoted Colts play from here?League or Colts?My guess us the latter!!!!!

In their defence Grassy i haven't seen the Little Fat Lamb Saturday night booze-up crew in the past month :ohmy: :woohoo:

How many nailbiters can one team lose? 7 years 8 months ago #102321

• mikeh
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2017
Just a bit curious as to why a team can lose so many games by such a small margin so I had a bit of a look at the scorecards from Claremont’s 8 games which they lost by under 10 points to see if I could spot any patterns.

I only saw one of these games live so a Claremont supporter (Tiger of Old?) would be able to comment on whether this analysis is fair.

Round 4 – 6 points V Swans
No doubt about this one, I saw it with my own eyes, Claremont’s kicking for goal was appalling and cost them this game. If they had kicked 8 – 4 instead of 4-8 in the first quarter there would have been no way back for Swans. The Tigers had 15 more inside 50’s but only managed 10 goals 17. Ironically the week after this against the Sharks they kicked 19 – 2!

Round 7 – 7 points V West Perth
This was the game at Kulin and in contrast with the Swans game it was the Tigers accuracy that kept them in the match. 15 goals 4 with 7 less scoring shots and 22 less inside 50’s so the Falcons were worthy winners of this one I think.

Round 8 – 8 points v South Fremantle
This was a see saw affair and again Claremont were extremely accurate and broke away to a 3 goal lead at three quarter time, only to be overrun by the Bulldogs. The stats were in favour of Souths with more possessions and inside 50’s so again it would have been a steal if the Tigers had won it.

Round 10 – 5 points v East Fremantle
The Sharks had 10 more scoring shots and 27 more inside 50’s and did their best to hand the game to Claremont with an appalling 6 goals 17.

Round 13 – 3 points v West Perth
Even though the Falcons were dominant in this game for 3 quarters, Claremont came home with a wet sail in the last quarter with 7 goals and were probably unlucky not to snatch this game in the end.

Round 15 – 4 points v Perth
Perth’s poor kicking ( 10 – 16) kept Claremont in the game for longer than they deserved as Perth seemed on top in all other aspects of the game, 50 – 38 inside 50’s

Round 18 – 8 points V East Perth
Allowed East Perth to slip away to an early lead and were playing catch up football from there

Round 21 – 1 point V West Perth
This was a line ball game although West Perth seemed to have their noses in front for most of it.

So of all these results I think Claremont could have probably won 2 or 3 of these if they had their normal share of luck. Even 2 wins would have taken them up to 32 and only 1 game out of the top 5 with games to come against two rivals in the final rounds. All conjecture but I would hazard a guess that the Tigers will go down as the team with the best ever percentage finishing 7th!

Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 746 guests and 2 members online

• BC
  • Kick it long

Newest Footy Recruits

• ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric
  • Lost WAFL