Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 5 months ago #81942

• mikeh
  • mikeh's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2015
Tiger of Old or other Claremont fans, would be interested on a update on how the redevelopment is going. Is it looking like it will be ready for the 2017 season at this stage?
Also you guys must be very happy with the return of Brenden Abbott after he was delisted by Collingwood. I was very impressed with him one day when he broke loose against the Swannies at the Showgrounds and kicked 5 from memory. I reckon he has quite a lot of potential and the Dockers could do a lot worse than have a look at him as a developing key forward.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 5 months ago #81977

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374

mikeh wrote: Tiger of Old or other Claremont fans, would be interested on a update on how the redevelopment is going. Is it looking like it will be ready for the 2017 season at this stage?
Also you guys must be very happy with the return of Brenden Abbott after he was delisted by Collingwood. I was very impressed with him one day when he broke loose against the Swannies at the Showgrounds and kicked 5 from memory. I reckon he has quite a lot of potential and the Dockers could do a lot worse than have a look at him as a developing key forward.

First time I ever saw Ames get soundly beaten that day mikeh. Lucky he didn't kick straight...could have been 9 or 10. Valid comment re Freo. Will be interesting to hear a Tiges perspective as to why Abbott is back in the WAFL as he seemed to have all the necessary attributes to play in the AFL.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 5 months ago #81982

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1162
I go past every day, there is still a mountain of work to do there, I reckon another year away at least.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 5 months ago #81984

• Tiger of old
  • Thank you received: 230
As far as I know it's still on track to be ready for the start of the 2017 season, I hope so because we're losing money hand over fist at the Showgrounds.
Very pleased to get abbot back - if another club doesn't pick him up. Collingwood got rid of him because he took off back to Albany during shoulder injury rehab without notifying them. The blokes nearly got it all - explosive pace, huge leap, genuine strength, thumping kick - just needs to work on that final ( and most important ) ingredient, commitment and work ethic. Could possibly take the wafl apart if he knuckles down.
Also look like getting youngsters rowan Powell and jared hardisty back from the afl if not redrafted.

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 5 months ago #82038

• Devonleigh
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 64
Called in to the Mirvac sales office for a prospectus and was impressed with the planning but not the prices.
First stage 70% sold though so what would I know about property values. Still, a 1 bedroom at $450K is twice the price of a 1 bed unit in Tuart Hill and comparable to the Terraces!

Pros;
Close to the rail and St Quentin
NE or oval facing
Soundproofed walls

Cons:
Side show alley noise
No membership to the club
Football and everything that goes with it.

I will give the club about 3 years after final establishment b4 a push is made by the oval residents to kick Claremont out.
The oval is approx 5 metres from your front door so the non football supporters will have to put up with the training and game noise, parking issues, lights and a licensed premises next to them.
Local residents are already vetoing improvements or extensions to sporting facilities in the suburbs because they don’t want the yobbo element and dog walkers rule.
Human nature dictates that in a development of this type the same will happen.

Heard today something similar is being proposed for Bassendean oval.

Would like to know what were the actual reasons the WACA failed with its venture?

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 4 months ago #82722

• South4eva
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1
wheres that sensitive chap "Boags" these days ladies...???

any word on that petticoat wearing knob ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 4 months ago #83161

• Swandog
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 386

Dirty Weekender wrote:

mikeh wrote: Tiger of Old or other Claremont fans, would be interested on a update on how the redevelopment is going. Is it looking like it will be ready for the 2017 season at this stage?

First time I ever saw Ames get soundly beaten that day mikeh. Lucky he didn't kick straight...could have been 9 or 10. Valid comment re Freo. Will be interesting to hear a Tiges perspective as to why Abbott is back in the WAFL as he seemed to have all the necessary attributes to play in the AFL.

He has some off field issues that need addressing I was told but the talent is all there
Beneath the Southern cross i stand, on Bassendean Oval, can in hand, Swan Districts, you Farkin Beauty!

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 4 months ago #83272

• South4eva
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 1

South4eva wrote: wheres that sensitive chap "Boags" these days ladies...???

any word on that petticoat wearing knob ???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Come on ladies, surely someone knows the whereabouts of the sooky la la numpty…???

dollars deck at petticoat junction perhaps...?

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 4 months ago #83283

• Tiger of old
Why don't you show your face and bring your attitude to dollars deck and we'll see if we can find you an answer tough guy?

Claremont Oval redevelopment update? 8 years 4 months ago #83288

• Tiger of old

South4eva wrote:

Tiger of old wrote: Why don't you show your face and bring your attitude to dollars deck and we'll see if we can find you an answer tough guy?

I will u fucked up old timer... & it will b the last time that U EVER grace the CL FC with ur pathetic presence...

This " old timer " (not sure how you know my age ) is shitting himself with fear!

And by the way, how are the poodles players finding Todd Curley ?

Last edit: by Tiger of old.
  • Page:
Moderators: Tiger of old

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 573 guests and one member online

• Success Hill

Newest Footy Recruits

• aCoucky
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes