Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Not Guilty Yer Honour 9 years 2 months ago #60654

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Interesting, being a freo lad myself, I have to say finding a Subi supporter around those parts was as rare as spotting a unicorn.

South Fremantle High, bit of a rough one - mmm interesting, they are merging with Hammy Hill SHS soon.

SFJFC is long gone as well sadly,,merged with Hilton Park became Freo Hawks and is now Freo Dockers JFC ...spew!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Not Guilty Yer Honour 9 years 2 months ago #60658

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
Yeah there were a couple of us at South Freo High who supported Subi...three from memory. The school itself was good in those days as Brian Lawrence (ex EF and Perth) took over as deputy principal just as I started there from White Gum Primary. Lawrence was tough on the kids but bloody fair. When I started it was a junior high school then changed to senior as i got to 4th and 5th year. Being classified as a disadvantaged school given the diverse range of cultures we got all sorts of stuff from the government so my cohort in 4th and 5th year did pretty well in terms of resources and teachers.

Not Guilty Yer Honour 9 years 2 months ago #60684

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Mate I grow up and lived just up the road on the same street as Beacy Primary...

Same street as Jimmy Mattison ex SF Golden Era Premiership player, his daughter played in the finals at Wimbledon , Christine ,

also in the same street Clive Lewington , Sandover Medalist and SF legend.

A Empire Games Bronze Medalist, Trevor Bickle and SF player.

Mal Brown bordered with Mr Lewington when he came down from the wheatbeat...

Dick Woodgate ex SF Player and administrator and recruiter who found Maurice Rioli Baz Campbell and Benny V..also grew up on the same street.

it was quite a place!

Not Guilty Yer Honour 9 years 2 months ago #60686

• BC
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1543
mate...we were almost neighbours. I grew up in Wiluna Ave White Gum Valley which is the street that runs down from Freo golf course to Bruce Lee Oval on South Street. I have some friends who live around the corner from Beacy Primary in Lily Street South Freo. We go there every year for the lasagna bake off...great day. How did you come to support Sydney?

Not Guilty Yer Honour 9 years 2 months ago #60692

• Southerner
  • Southerner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Lifelong Bulldog .... the alignments are PISH
  • Thank you received: 1191

Bazza wrote: Mate I grow up and lived just up the road on the same street as Beacy Primary...

Same street as Jimmy Mattison ex SF Golden Era Premiership player, his daughter played in the finals at Wimbledon , Christine ,

also in the same street Clive Lewington , Sandover Medalist and SF legend.

A Empire Games Bronze Medalist, Trevor Bickle and SF player.

Mal Brown bordered with Mr Lewington when he came down from the wheatbeat...

Dick Woodgate ex SF Player and administrator and recruiter who found Maurice Rioli Baz Campbell and Benny V..also grew up on the same street.

it was quite a place!

Geez Bazza there's some luminaries in that lot there mate - impressive !!!

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 420 guests and 4 members online

• Whitey
  • Time For a Flag
  • Whinnen

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr