Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #66998

• shwaborn
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I want the Bombers to lose.
But I am still happy for them.
Whatever drugs were in the system have surely ended any positive enhancement.
The emotional strain they have been under, it is time to move on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67029

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 116

shwaborn wrote: I want the Bombers to lose.
But I am still happy for them.
Whatever drugs were in the system have surely ended any positive enhancement.
The emotional strain they have been under, it is time to move on.

So you can do wrong, but as per the BUSINESS ( AFL) we can all move on,(how nice, and we will be really really serious in the future!!...spare me) and continue to bleat about how we are really really serious about drugs in sport.
Oh the emotional strain being brought on by emselves, no one else.

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67038

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: I agree Unka. Why try to forget probably the darkest days of our great game of Aussie rules.
Why allow a football club to absolve itself of a heinous thing of pumping unknown substances into a group of players.
Just hope ASADA and WADA take them to the cleaners

Well just read the AFL TRIBUNAL said they would release the report on Dank to ASADA ( which they desparatly need ) "just after easter", they aint got it yet...Suprise effing surpise" ( not) .
Asada only have 6 days left to appeal. Who wouldda thought that eh...!!!

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67044

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
Darkest days were in the late 80's and early 90's lads when roids were rife in AFL football and lets not forget the HGH years...for all you blokes know the players at Essendon may just be healthier from the immune boosting supplements they have apparently been injected with. Unless you know first hand through personal involvement you are just speculating and are therefore acting in a manner akin to a lynch mob. I suggest we all call our local federal ministers and demand an independent enquiry in to the AFL for corrupting the outcome of the investigation. That is if you truly believe in what you are saying here, or are you just speculating in what you believe you know. Think I've observed this pattern of behaviour somewhere else recently. Hmmm

Many conveniently forget Essendon were pulled out of a finals series, fined 2 million dollars, lost draft picks and have basically had 2 seasons hijacked with a third 2015 to be no different all for their failings back in 2012. All this and not one player testing positive whilst having samples taken right in the middle of the moments they were allegedly taking these unknown drugs you speculate about. As Schwaborn said, time to let go, let essendon, let football, let the AFL and let ASADA learn from the mistakes they have made and get on with redeeming themselves and the game. Nobody comes out of this whole investigation with a clean slate of health. Not those listed above, not the interfering govt, not the lynch mob media who parade around imitating investigative journalism and not even us the footy fan, who have allowed ourselves to be spoon fed bullshit on a daily basis from all of the above. If you can't move on then write to your minister...that's the only way forward from here.
FYI, I have already done so, twice!

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67065

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote: Darkest days were in the late 80's and early 90's lads when roids were rife in AFL football and lets not forget the HGH years...for all you blokes know the players at Essendon may just be healthier from the immune boosting supplements they have apparently been injected with. Unless you know first hand through personal involvement you are just speculating and are therefore acting in a manner akin to a lynch mob. I suggest we all call our local federal ministers and demand an independent enquiry in to the AFL for corrupting the outcome of the investigation. That is if you truly believe in what you are saying here, or are you just speculating in what you believe you know. Think I've observed this pattern of behaviour somewhere else recently. Hmmm

Many conveniently forget Essendon were pulled out of a finals series, fined 2 million dollars, lost draft picks and have basically had 2 seasons hijacked with a third 2015 to be no different all for their failings back in 2012. All this and not one player testing positive whilst having samples taken right in the middle of the moments they were allegedly taking these unknown drugs you speculate about. As Schwaborn said, time to let go, let essendon, let football, let the AFL and let ASADA learn from the mistakes they have made and get on with redeeming themselves and the game. Nobody comes out of this whole investigation with a clean slate of health. Not those listed above, not the interfering govt, not the lynch mob media who parade around imitating investigative journalism and not even us the footy fan, who have allowed ourselves to be spoon fed bullshit on a daily basis from all of the above. If you can't move on then write to your minister...that's the only way forward from here.

Ahh like thats gunna help DW. If ya dont think the AFL has power/s in the upper echeleons of Govt, i would be very very surprised.There are so many questions that begger belief. In these days of players being monitored from everything they eat, to the amount of times they have a crap, is all recorded on computers. yer somehow injecting 30 odd human being with "substances" ( and they would dmand to know EXACTLY what was in them) is not recorded. Ohhh and the bombers get what, cheucked out of a final series, that they were highly unlikely to win, a small poxy fine, which is small change to little and the club, a couple of draft picks ( big deal).
Ohh meantime a fully paid holiday for the blke who said he takes full responsililty. Look at 2 instances over seas that DID NOT invlove drugs ( which is far more serious).
Both Juventus ( everybody has heard of them, then Rangers ( evrybody has heard of them too) got pinged for corruption. Both teams got sent spiralling from thier respective A GRADE leagues, and both still suffering.
What happens in AUS?, well we run our own tribunal (AFL) fine Essendon in effect NOTHING, then bleat about how pure as the driven snow we are, and lets put the past behind us ( lovely warm and fuzzy stuff) We as a country in SPORT are now in my opinion a disgrace. People NEVER forgot the underarm incident in cricket, people will never forget what Essendon ( and AFL) has done to the reputation of our game. AS regards media DW there has been more "pro Esendon" than any other. Just check the commentators at Channel 7 if ya need proof. Personally i am hacked off with the AFL as much if not more than Essendon. Essendon were corrupt, alas the AFL were corruptable!!!

Last edit: by UNKA2.

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67073

• yolo swaggins
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0

Dirty Weekender wrote: Darkest days were in the late 80's and early 90's lads when roids were rife in AFL football and lets not forget the HGH years...for all you blokes know the players at Essendon may just be healthier from the immune boosting supplements they have apparently been injected with. Unless you know first hand through personal involvement you are just speculating and are therefore acting in a manner akin to a lynch mob. I suggest we all call our local federal ministers and demand an independent enquiry in to the AFL for corrupting the outcome of the investigation. That is if you truly believe in what you are saying here, or are you just speculating in what you believe you know. Think I've observed this pattern of behaviour somewhere else recently. Hmmm

Whilst I do think the way Essendon handled the whole thing was very suspect, I do agree with you on the speculating.
If in 10 years each of the players grow a third arm, one of the legs drop off or something else seems to happen then I am sure the case will be reopened and there will be law suits, but speculating what may or may not happen is pointless. No one can predict the future so lets all let it be, move on and enjoy some footy.
#yolo
#swaggins

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67081

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

yolo swaggins wrote:

Whilst I do think the way Essendon handled the whole thing was very suspect, I do agree with you on the speculating.
If in 10 years each of the players grow a third arm, one of the legs drop off or something else seems to happen then I am sure the case will be reopened and there will be law suits, but speculating what may or may not happen is pointless. No one can predict the future so lets all let it be, move on and enjoy some footy.

Yeah why bother to get the real facts with subpoenas etc and get to the bottom of something that is drugs in sport and can affect the lives of 30 plus men? Lets run a kangeroo court , kiss and make up, and stick a finger up to the rest of the sporting world eh. Poor Lance Armstrong, never a positice test either. Why is they speculating???, if Essendon told the truth, there would be no speculating, then we could all move on

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67146

• Dirty Weekender
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 374
You are convinced Essendon are not telling the truth Unk... Have you considered the possibility that maybe they have been, well at least those that are left remaining at the club. Bomber Thompson on Open Mike on Monday will be interesting. He states to Mike that he didn't like the program but there is nothing illegal about nor is running an injection regime considered banned under the WADA code unless of course any of the substances being injected are banned.

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67186

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

Dirty Weekender wrote: You are convinced Essendon are not telling the truth Unk... Have you considered the possibility that maybe they have been, well at least those that are left remaining at the club. Bomber Thompson on Open Mike on Monday will be interesting. He states to Mike that he didn't like the program but there is nothing illegal about nor is running an injection regime considered banned under the WADA code unless of course any of the substances being injected are banned.

I know its all open to ones own belief.

One thing cant be deniend, as i have said EVERYTHING these days is documented to the hilt..EVERYTHING, now if you are ( even the Dons admit this) pushing the boundaries, then you would even make 110% SURE that every document is backed up a gazillion times on computer etc. Somehow after 100's of injections they had no records!!!. Again given how ALL AUSTRALIANS, and sporting bodies abhor drugs in sport, NO RECORDS WERE FOUND.
Whats worse ( my belief) is all the AFL clubs know as well, BUT as they more"interested" in keeping thier livelyhood ( read AFL) going, they too place $$$ BEFORE PRINCIPLES.
Oh no matter what Thompson says, unless he was there for every injection how can he say with authority as to what they were injected with

Haw v Ess Remarkable!! 9 years 1 week ago #67190

• UNKA2
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member

anchorman wrote: Seems ASADA are not happy with the AFL tribunal going it alone with their release of the findings about Dank.
Maybe the AFL is covering their arses and trying to shut it all down.

NAHHHHHHHHHH REALLY?????.... ya think??

• Page:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 1847 guests and no members online

Newest Footy Recruits

• AbrahamErype
  • whatoma
  • ChrisGiple
  • Roberttag
  • Edwinric