Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 53

Notice: Undefined variable: ub in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Deprecated: strripos(): Non-string needles will be interpreted as strings in the future. Use an explicit chr() call to preserve the current behavior in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 65

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/dh_ingvwb/ozfooty.net/templates/hot_cars/js/browser.php on line 69
Welcome, Member
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #39638

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

jardine wrote: Once again all low scoring, seagulls chasing a chip, bottled up, 36 players all at one end type of footy again this round. Listening to talk back radio yesterday, people are questioning what entertainment value they are getting. I feel it's getting worse. All games had perfect weather.

At the MCG it was terrible. Second half both teams kicked just 3 goals. The SCG first half was lamentable. Just 5 goals to 2. The game at Subi last night was just ping pong. Everyone following the ball, and when teams streamed forward there was double backing because when they looked up, nobody was up forward. They were all still behind the ball. It is ugly to watch. If the AFL make all teams by law keep 3 or 4 inside the forward half, then maybe we lose that terrible flooding, AND we will see players attack because they will always know there are FORWARDS (remember them) waiting there to do an actual job.
And that's is bloody score !!!

Agree 100% Jars ..give me high scoring, free flowing footy with key forwards who kick a bag of 10 goals or more anyday of the week!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40246

• yolo swaggins
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 0
So many people living in the past in this thread. Do you guys still use landline phones at home too? :P
#yolo
#swaggins

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40248

• Beasley Hutton
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2872

yolo swaggins wrote: So many people living in the past in this thread. Do you guys still use landline phones at home too? :P

Maybe because the football was a hundred times better back then than the dribble served up these days- bar the Hawks, Cats, Port and 1 or 2 others!

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40265

• MikeXU1
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
  • Swan Districts FC

yolo swaggins wrote: So many people living in the past in this thread. Do you guys still use landline phones at home too? :P

Maybe some are living in the past. WAFL will never be as big as it once was and we need to be realistic, but quality footy is suffering in general.

Its almost become the argument of Rugby or League - similar but very different.

Maybe AFL is simply a different product.

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40266

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member

Gday Yolo, if you want concrete proof of where the game is or where it is heading, look no further than that snorefest debacle on Saturday night. Sydney and Melbourne 9 goals to 5 goals on a perfect night.

After the game John Longmire said he would rather win ugly like that, than lose beautifully. Yes they are there to win, but if Sydney played like that because they somehow feared Melbourne, then the game overall is lost. With those two lists Sydney could have gone on the attack and won the game by more and kicking upwards of 25 goals if they wanted too. Those comments highlight my argument about football and where it is going. It will get worse. The AFL are murderers and the coaches are their accomplices.

And Essendon kicked 5 goals in the first quarter, and finished the game with a total of 8 ???

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40277

• Bazza
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1161
Ive been away for a few weeks, is it true WCE only kicked 4 goals for an entire game???

that is total crap.

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40282

• yolo swaggins
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
@Jardine - Im not disagreeing with anything you or anyone else has said. I was just at work bored so thought I would stir the pot :P

There would be nothing more I would love than to see a true FF or CHF kick bags after bags of goals. Unless the game changes dramatically then gone are the days where we will see forwards kick 100 goals in a season.
Whilst a lot of the current game isnt what it used to be, I do believe that the skills now days are much sharper than they were in the 'glory days'.
#yolo
#swaggins

Why Scoring is on the Outer? 9 years 11 months ago #40286

• jardine
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
I don't expect things to be as they used to be, I don't think the debate is necessarily about century goalkickers. But it is about entertainment and that is diminishing, I don't think anyone can deny that. I also saw Clarksons talk on AFL360. I respect him as a coach and he speaks very well. But he was predominantly pandering to the coaches cause, not the sacred purity of Australian Rules Football or what the code historically stands for.

I don't know what job you have Yolo, but it sounds hectic :lol:

Search

Keyword

Who's Online?

We have 371 guests and 2 members online

• Mr AFL
  • DD

Newest Footy Recruits

• MiltonRutty
  • BhoblhRhync
  • MRanker - Fiverr
  • whatoma
  • RobertPes